Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Time is Slipping - Humming Birds

I got up ok today for work, it was the 9:00 morning. I didn't do much at work, and for some reason the time went fast. I had so much I wanted to get done at home that I didn't want to linger.

Once I got home I didn't know what to do first, so to keep from "losing it", I wrote down everything and did them in that order. I didn't get far. The first thing was to get the desktop connected to the internet. I knew I had to get an ethernet card, so took it all apart and went to the computer shop to get the new card. I'm NOT computer savvy, but one of the jobs I had a long time ago was putting in modems, the old kind. The guy at the shop said it's just as easy, some things don't change. I got it home put it in, but it doesn't work. I have too much to do on it to take it to the shop and wait for a week to get it fixed. So I backed up all the stuff I need now, put it all on a thumb drive and went back to the old Dell. The new Toshiba lost the wifi so using the external drive for that PC. I'm just not having any good luck with PC's lately. I finally had someone help to get them to talk to each other, now the main desktop is down and out. Go figure.

I also wanted to get the albums sorted out by how I want them on the CD's. I started that and noticed it's time to get dinner. There's just not enough time in the afternoon sometimes to get stuff done. Guess that's ok, keeps me busy and out of trouble.

As I'm sitting and writing the blog my first humming bird came up to the window, so I went out and put out the feeder. I hope it comes back, they are so fun to watch, but it gets really hot on the deck and I have to change the feed everyday. I didn't see any birds last year. We use to have 6 so hopefully they're coming back. I'll keep an eye out for them.

I have tons of stuff to put on Craigslist, but first I'll get pictures and get them posted and also send emails out.

We moved a coffee table that we've had in front of the couch since we moved here in 1997. It's been "in the way" but we figured we need it. Now that the treadmill is out of the other room we moved the table there. What a great increase of space. It just seems funny how little things make a difference. It won't be long we won't have much at all and we'll have a lot of space.

Days left to buy the RV/truck 1 yr 8 mths 20 days

No comments:

Easy Going Week - Birthday Party - Tornado Outbreak

 Sharlimar, FL   (Hi 78 Lo 66) It was a normal quieter week than last week. The normal schedule was Wii bowling Monday and Wednesday morning...