Saturday, April 27, 2024

Easy Going Week - Birthday Party - Tornado Outbreak

 Sharlimar, FL   (Hi 78 Lo 66)

It was a normal quieter week than last week. The normal schedule was Wii bowling Monday and Wednesday mornings and card playing in village five all afternoon  on Wednesday. Diamond art and meditation on Tuesday. I made the little ornaments that Lessie gave me. 

While I'm on crafts, I made five catnip mice for an order and got that in the mail. Postage is crazy high from  when I first started sending out orders. Most are now $5.55, it's more then the articles. 
Monday afternoon class was on the importance of sleep. There was no real answer except taking pills. I sleep average 4 to 5 hours a night, seldom anymore then that. I take no afternoon naps, but I'm feeling great and seem to be doing well. It's a myth that older people sleep less. You're supposed to get 7 to 8 hours sleep per night. We have classes on different subjects every month. Karen leads our classes.
We had a special birthday party for one of our residents that the card gals gave. Shirley is 90. She's legally blind but can see just enough to still stay alone. We had a cake and flowers for her. 

Margaret, Shirley and Lu
Thursday I had my massage and chiropractor appointment. I really needed it, my neck has been locked for a couple weeks. It's making me light headed. I'm now moving better and no headache.

I'm still working on the patio. They took out the bushes and I wanted to cover the dirt so I got some river rock and put it on top of webbing mat. It's to let water thru but no weeds, we'll see how that works. Now to figure out what to put in that area. Statues?  gnomes? Small stuff or bigger stuff? I'll take ideas, just put it in the comments.

Friday I had nothing planned and glad I didn't. I watched a series of tornadoes with storm chasers all the way from Texas to Iowa. Several destructive storms. I put this on the blog so I know from year to year what's the worst years for tornadoes. My sister and kids are in the Midwest and I follow a lot of RV'ers that travel or live in the Midwest.  I spent the entire day crocheting and watching storm chasers on YouTube.

Saturday was another down day and I don't plan on doing anything more than yesterday. I will clean up the apartment and do laundry but that's it. 

Thank you for reading. I'll leave you with a full moon. Tomorrow starts a new week and beginning of another month.  We're moving along to 2025 quite nicely.
















1 comment:

Phyllis said...

Today is the 13th anniversary of the Tornado outbreak in Alabama. Hundreds of tornadoes touched down including 4 in Cullman. We came through a few days following the destruction. Could not believe how bad it was. The town has been rebuilt but there are many areas where homes once stood and are no longer.

The next year a venue was started called Rock the South. It was to raise money for various charities and to help rebuilt the town. It now draws up to 65,000 people fro all over the world for that weekend. We know not to even think about going into town. The area of the event is about 3 miles from us. Some years we can hear the music. Google it......

Indian Flute Festival - Cinco de Mayo

 Shalimar, FL   (Hi   78   Lo  71) Sunday I went with Lois and Debbie to the Native American Musical Echoes Flute Festival. It was windy and...