Saturday, May 4, 2024

Indian Flute Festival - Cinco de Mayo

 Shalimar, FL   (Hi   78   Lo  71)

Sunday I went with Lois and Debbie to the Native American Musical Echoes Flute Festival. It was windy and chilly by the bay, but the sun was out and perfect day. There were several vendors with flutes and pictures painted by different artists along with artifacts from the tribes in the area. I love going to these festivals. We got there about 9 and left at noon. 

CLICK ON THE PHOTOS TO ENLARGE


John John Grant
Lois, Debbie and Dee
Showing different Indian steps
The rest of the week was normal. It's the first of the month so there's a few more meetings to setup the month and Thursday was the activities meeting. This is for the month of May, plus all I do on the side like bowling, card playing, shuffleboard, etc. This is the perfect place for me.
There was also counsel voting this week and I'm now on the counsel. There's several from different villages that were elected. Just for an FYI, there's six villages in the complex and over 500 residents. We're the go between the residents and management for anything that needs attention (complaints mostly). It's a two year term. If you want to be on it again, you have to wait out a year. My first meeting is Thursday. 
Friday we celebrated Cinco de Mayo.  Margaritas are great! We had line dancing and tacos. There weren't as many this year as last year, but a good time was had by all. 
Our table from Village one. 
The whole group and those dancing

The margarita bar

Saturday was our village one meeting to start out the month. I'll be secretary now from the counsel and bring the info to the first Saturday meetings.

In my "spare" time, I'm still crocheting gnomes for the August craft fair. I now have 26 done and doing a variety to represent the months of the year. There's so many ideas the craft group gave me so there's a list I'm going to do.
I'm a storm watcher and there's plenty of tornadoes this year that have been more powerful then normal. This one in Oklahoma was amazing. (Taken from the TV screen)
This is the top and bottom of this tornado.

Reed Timmer (storm chaser) debris from the funnel
I'm adding the photos so I have a record of it for dates. w/ pictures

1 comment:

Miriam said...

Thanks again for another great blog! I love hearing about your amazing life there. It doesn't surprise me that you are on the council for your village!

Summer Agenda - Changes in Schedule - Council - Pour Painting

 Shalimar, FL  (Hi  83  Lo  64) This is the last week before the summer agenda. The bowling has ended till August and different summer activ...