Saturday, October 5, 2024

Post Helene - Binnicker Run

 Shalimar, FL  (Hi  82  Lo 75)

This week was following the destruction of hurricane Helene. So much damage in Western North Carolina. I have several friends in the area and have only heard from two of them, but there's no  power or contacts being heard from the badly hit areas, I hope they're all ok. 

I had another busy week doing some new things and looking into more learning of computer programs  working with businesses. I'll have more on that as it gets going. I love learning computer stuff and I'll continue as long as I can, along with new phones. It's great here on phones, someone is always in trouble with their phone and I learn by answering questions.

After WII bowling on Monday, I had 4 zooms. Some for learning some for fun. I have at least 6 to 8 zooms a week. 

Tuesday was zoom, then diamond art, meditation than working with a gal and her phone, dinner and cards. 

Wednesday, WII bowling again stayed around 175 score this week. At noon and 15 minutes to have  lunch I went for hand, knee and foot. I got home in time for supper then over to lounge for cards. This is the busiest day.

Thursday was activities meeting, they go over what we're doing thru the month, new ideas, and what worked and what didn't for last month. It's getting into the holiday's so it's going to be very active. I also had my massage and chiropractor appointment and I really needed it. I wanted to go every three weeks but I may have to go back to every two weeks. There was a lot of rain this week so that made a difference in my joints.

Friday I went to Destin with a neighbor.  I had to return an Amazon item and it was to return to Whole Foods not Kohl's that's nearby. I found out not all items can be taken to one place. Destin was the closest place. It was a light rain but that didn't hinder us and traffic was fairly light for being a vacation destination. It must have been the rain that kept people off the street.  We stopped at Stewby's for lunch and picked up some fish next door. I love the restaurant and buying fish market in one place. I had three zooms then the North Carolina zoom with a guy that got caught coming home thru the NC mountains. He had to take different routes home but didn't see much damage from the main highway.  

Saturday the Binnicker run in the village.  

Register Today for the 10th Annual CMSAF Binnicker Memorial Run

Join us Saturday, October 5, 2024, for the 10th Annual CMSAF Binnicker Memorial Run presented by Eglin Federal Credit Union. Event options include the 9K Run, 5K Run, 5K Walk, and 1 Mile Fun Run. Virtual options are also available for those unable to join us in person. The first 300 9K and 5K registrants receive an official event shirt and challenge coin. A post party with DJ, food, drinks, and an award ceremony will round out the morning. 

 Race Location

Bob Hope Village Commons, 92 Sunset Lane, Shalimar, Florida



There were a LOT of runners but this is a couple from my patio.

I had our village one monthly meeting at 10:00 and had a great crowd. We discussed the increase in our rent and other items of interest. I'll take any concerns people have to the management. 

In between doing all the activities,  and the computer activity, I crocheted as much as I could and got two manger sets done. Everyone I make is different. That makes it home made. I still have lots of orders so I'll stay busy. 


                My neighbor told me this one. I have to share:

                                    MY NEXT LIFE
                                        George Carlin (1937-2008)

I want to live my next life backwards: You start out dead and get that out of the way.

Then you wake up in a nursing home feeling better every day.

Then you get kicked out for being too healthy. Enjoy your retirement and collect your pension. 

Then when you start work, you get a gold watch on your first day. You work 40 years until you're too young to work. 

You get ready for High School: drink alcohol, party, and you're generally promiscuous. 

Then you go to primary school, you become a kid, you play, and you have no responsibilities.

Then you become a baby, and then.. you spend your last 9 months floating peacefully in Spa-like condition - central heating, room service on tap and then

You finish off as an orgasm.

No comments:

Post Helene - Binnicker Run

 Shalimar, FL  (Hi  82  Lo 75) This week was following the destruction of hurricane Helene. So much damage in Western North Carolina. I have...