Shalimar and Destin, FL (Hi 86 Lo 74)
The week started with the vampire. I found out why doctors don't ask for A1C anymore. The "prick" machines are so good now days that if you take your samples daily there's a calculation that can equal A1C. It's so accurate no need for the A1C. Mine changed a tenth of a point since March.
We had a nice group of us folding this months newsletters. We try to have six of us, one for each village which takes an hour to do them all. Volunteers are needed quite often to do things here. I try to do that as often as possible. Fun to meet people from the other villages and just chat away. Amazing how many I've met that have full timed in an RV, or has been at another base that I lived.
Another physician group Physicians Service Group, came in to talk about having medical care in our apartments just like the other one did. They are closer to us and if we get enough people to sign up they will be here 24/7 during the week. Now we have two companies to pick from. Mobile med is the other one. That would be so convenient.
One of our maintenance men, Mike, is retiring and there was a big gathering to say "thank you" for the help he gave us. It was a great turnout from everyone in the community. He helped with our water problems, the sprinkler system and since he worked for Verizon he'd help with TV setups or problems. We all love him and all the work he did without a complaint. He has an injured knee so you'd see him working sitting on the ground. Take care Mike and thank you for your help to all of us. (Click on the photo to enlarge).
Mike and Bobbi Jo
Every day I packed something I'd need for the weekend, I put it in my backpack. I also made cookies. The "vacation" is to Destin, about an 45 minutes away. Two years ago I went to Ft. Myers, FL for a Glioblastoma Cancer girls group. We were called 'Wisters'
. A great group and we decided to meet again this time in Destin in an AirBnB. We're a couple blocks to the ocean, with a pool in the back. They arrived on Thursday and by Monday morning they'll be leaving.
The first two arrived by car at my place. The second two were an hour apart at the airport, so I picked them up at the same time. I'm so glad I'm so close to the airport. We headed to Destin to the Airbnb condo. It has six bedrooms, seven bathrooms, It's big, it's great for all of us. (click on the photos to enlarge).
No comments:
Post a Comment