Saturday, October 12, 2024

Hurricane Milton - Guests Staying - Fall Festival

Shalimar, FL (Hi 82   Lo  58)

This was an interesting week. Sunday was normal with cards all day and evening. 

Monday started to get interesting. A hurricane started to get big and dangerous near Mexico. I had a vampire visit for my sixth month checkup which was early in the morning. I went to bowling and by the time that was over about 12:30 I got a call from Lessie that they were told to evacuate Clearwater where their RV is being worked on. I told them to come on up, they'll be safe. Twelve hours later they arrived, (it's a six hour trip). We didn't stay up to visit, it was time to crash after unloading the car. 

Tuesday we kept watching the TV on reports of the storm, coming up faster. I still went to diamond art and Lessie went with me.  At noon we had some lunch and I went to meditation. (we're learning about the Vegas nerve).  We didn't take our eyes off the youtube with the storm coming straight at west coast of Florida.  We did play 31 card game later in the evening, and went to bed later then usual. 

Wednesday Lessie and I went to bowling (and I had a 221 game) and she took the place of one of the gals so she got to know how to play, no we didn't use her score. At 2 we had a painting on wine glass for halloween. I did an owl so I can use it thru the year.  (Click on the photos to enlarge). Lessie and I painting,


Debbie and I with our glasses.
                                                            Everyone's wine glasses
           

When we got home we learned that hurricane Milton had picked up speed and the tornadoes started on the west side of Florida.  The reported number of tornadoes were 116. 

(10/10/24)  hurricane Milton came into Siesta Key as a cat 3. We watched till the eye was inland and went to bed. 

Thursday Youtube had a lot of damage and as the sun came up the storm chasers were out with cameras. Several stayed in the areas with the eye coming in with damage reports as it happened. The day for me had to continue, I went to  Town Hall meeting with villages one thru 4 rent increase as the subject.  A lot of people had questions about it. When that was over we went out to get groceries and then to Stewby's for dinner.  Of course back home Lessie called about the storm and maybe get a hint if the RV was ok in Clearwater. The answer  no power and lots of water so no one could get to the shop.

Friday The only thing we scheduled was a trip to the thrift stores and playing shuffleboard with another resident. I had NC zoom at 6:00 to catch up on some rv'ers that were north of Tampa that stayed in the RV during the storm. That was quite an interesting story.  Everyone I knew in the storm was ok. Later in the evening Lessie and Ed found out their RV was ok, power still out and no deliveries of the parts they need for their RV. 

Saturday the day was planned to go to DeFuniak about an hour away for the fall festival. I heard about it last year and didn't want to miss it this year. It's at the Chautaugua Vineyards & Winery outside of DeFuniak Springs, FL. What a place!  There's a table of wines you taste then buy at the end of tasting. I got 9 bottles and Lessie got 3 so a box which made it less. 


Several rows of vendors and several food trucks.

Margaret, Lessie and Allison
I forgot to get a picture of the huge BBQ sandwich I had. Cars were everywhere. 
We got back home about 3:00 and we rested an hour then to social hour at the lounge. We had a good crowd and I tasted the best Whiskey, Wow, I never thought Whiskey would be so good. One of the other gals brought it. 
One last picture I'll leave you with is the tree in front of my patio has sparkles at night. It's pretty and also spooky. (The street light shines on it)
It's going to be another busy week and I hope you tune in next week to find out what's next.

No comments:

Hurricane Milton - Guests Staying - Fall Festival

Shalimar, FL (Hi 82   Lo  58) This was an interesting week. Sunday was normal with cards all day and evening.  Monday started to get interes...