Saturday, October 19, 2024

Friends Detained - Rummage Sale - Puzzles

 Shalimar, FL   (Hi 78   Low 55)

The couple, Lessie and Ed,  that's staying with me got a call from their RV shop  saying they had power and the delivery was made for the "drum" for the wheel on the RV. The next day they called back saying it was the wrong size and had to reorder. They had planned to leave on Friday morning, now they're waiting for the shipment and install. I'm glad to still have them around. 

It's been a very busy week and Lessie followed along on everything. I'm doing a lot of zoom meetings so that takes up a lot of time. The usual WII bowling, diamond art, I do on Tuesdays, and cards almost every night. 

I had my six month doctors appointment on Thursday with blood work update. I wanted to check on how much I can eat or drink with no restrictions on amount and anything I wanted.  It was 6.2 six months ago, and 7.2 this time around. I guess I'll go back to being restricted to keep it low. Doctor said with all the results and if continue what I was doing I'll live to 100. I guess it's the great living I have here. 

Thursday afternoon I made cookies for the rummage sale for the weekend. It's been awhile since I've done that and burnt the first batch.  Our cookie table at the rummage sale. Mickey, Lu, Rosie, Kathy

Friday and Saturday was the rummage sale. I get a kick out of that. People clear out their apartments and have tables for their stuff.  Other people in the community take that stuff and put it in their apartments. Instead of calling it a rummage sale it should be called The Swap Sale.  Just funny they carry stuff from one apartment to another. Saturday the people outside our community come in, so that helps.

I have been crocheting and putting together puzzles with Lessie. We did three puzzles this week taking anywhere from 20 minutes to three hours. "she's faster then me". 

                                    Tribute to the Navy

This one is shiny and fun no piece count and it took 20 minutes.
Tribute to the AirForce
Saturday afternoon I finally cleaned out the storage area on the patio. I haven't touched it since I moved in. I organized it and now set for another year. I'm seldom in it except for the grocery cart. Moving right along in the little stuff. We had social hour and back home earlier then normal, got on zoom with our friends and off to bed. 

No comments:

Friends Detained - Rummage Sale - Puzzles

 Shalimar, FL   (Hi 78   Low 55) The couple, Lessie and Ed,  that's staying with me got a call from their RV shop  saying they had power...