Saturday, October 26, 2024

Last Prep for Cruise - Friends Departure - Fall Festival

 Shalimar, FL   (Hi 82   Lo 78)

The beginning of the week was all about the cruise coming up on November 3rd. I was helping with printouts and loading phones with the Carnival app. Tuesday was the meeting to be sure all paperwork was correct and boarding passes were ready to print. I'll have a final count when we're leaving, it seems to change daily. 

I did several zoom meetings this week but Lessie went ahead and did projects on her own, like the diamond art on Tuesday. She also did WII bowling both Monday and Wednesday. I had my monthly chiropractor appointment on Wednesday while she packed. 

The lowdown on the RV, the part for the wheel came in and it was ready to go, that was the word on Wednesday. They left early Thursday morning and got to Clearwater just before the shop closed. When they were ready to move to MacDill AFB campground the steps quit working. Now they're waiting on the motor for the steps. At least they're in their home. It's sure not the same without them. It's lonely!

Thursday was the fall festival. The Halloween costumes were amazing. The drink was great, Green apple Moscato with Sangria. We had BBQ sandwiches, baked beans and apple crisp, and very good time with DJ Bobby D.

                                                     

                                                        My neighbor Anne
                                                        Which one started the fight
This was the winner, 




Kathy, Dee, Rosie

And lots of dancing
It was funny watching this couple dance from behind, with no heads. 
Friday I played shuffleboard with a couple of the gals and later cards which is nightly. 
Saturday was a down day with only crocheting and watching youtube shows. Social hour was in the evening.  I also got all the stuff laid out for the cruise so I can see what I'm taking and add or take away during the week. The week of the cruise is rain everyday. I just hope the water isn't too rough or a hurricane brews. It's supposed to be mid 80's just like here, so all is good for temperature. 

No comments:

Last Prep for Cruise - Friends Departure - Fall Festival

 Shalimar, FL   (Hi 82   Lo 78) The beginning of the week was all about the cruise coming up on November 3rd. I was helping with printouts a...