Saturday, May 11, 2024

Summer Agenda - Changes in Schedule - Council - Pour Painting

 Shalimar, FL  (Hi  83  Lo  64)

This is the last week before the summer agenda. The bowling has ended till August and different summer activities will start next week. I need to find something else to do for Monday and Wednesday and noticed there's Yoga at the same time bowling was held. I'll try that and see if it's something I'll like or can do.

Monday I had another massage and chiropractor. They've worked out the worst of the pain in the neck so maybe with another session I can be pain free for the trip coming up. 

I had diamond art on Tuesday then on to meditation. I decided to get some shopping done when that was over. I have a guest next week and needed some little things. 

Thursday was my first meeting with the counsel. It's going to be a great group to work with and I'm looking forward to doing my part in at least getting the problems to the right management who can help, it's out of my hands after they know. I'm learning a lot about the people and the way things are run in a big over 55+ community. I'm so glad I'm here. The general meeting is next week, that's for the residents to hear the answers to questions we put to the managers. 

In the afternoon I went to pour and paint. We poured water paint on a big canvas and swirled it around for different designs. It turned out really nice and so did the other ones. 

The residents paintings
Saturday I got more river rock for the patio area and a few more items like damp rid for the humidity here. I hang them in two different closets to keep the humidity down. It's already starting to get a bet wet.  In the evening we had a cookout with hamburgers, hot dogs and brats. Tomorrow is Mother's Day and I'm going to be crocheting all day trying to catch up. My guest comes in Monday evening, so I'll have a new blog on our week's activities next weekend. 

1 comment:

Phyllis said...

That damp rid really does a good job. And so easy to use.

Everything Hits in Third Week

 Shalimar, FL   (Hi  87   Lo 79) The third week of the month is more activities then the rest of the month. I started out on Monday trying t...