Wednesday, July 2, 2008

I Did It !!!

I had a great nights sleep until about 4:30, then I waited for Jim to wake up about 5:45. It was one of those times that your mind races trying to figure out something and no matter what else I tried to think about, I just could not get back to sleep.

The desktop computer wouldn't work connecting to the Internet. I KNEW it had to, so why didn't it? I got up with Jim and spoiled his morning routine, but his morning paper didn't come, so he was ok with it. I took the side off the PC and reset the ethernet card. It was loose when I took the screw out, so I was hoping that was the problem. Once I started it back up the Internet came up. Good deal! Problem solved, why I couldn't get that set yesterday, I have no idea. With that problem out of the way, I tried getting the computers to talk to each other. We just got that all taken care of last week. I took the notes that Jim made from our teacher last week and went through them. I just couldn't get it to work. I remembered the firewall causing all the problems last time so went through each one again. Sure enough, the desktop had it back on. It must have come back on when I kept rebooting it.
I did it, all by myself, the PC's talk to each other and the desktop is now connected to the Interent and I can get my emails on both PC's.

It was 8:30 when I got everything up and running. It was too late to go back to bed, even though I thought about it. I started the photo album scanning. It takes 2 1/2 hours for a full album. I now have 28 more to do.

I went to work at noon. It was a bad day. The bosses were in a bad mood, the place was exceptionally quiet so I asked what was going on. They're not getting money from everyone that owes us. It's been four months on some of the bills. The banks won't give out the loans to the developers. There won't be layoffs, but maybe hourly cutbacks. We'll take one day at a time, until we can;

Buy the RV/truck in 1 yr 8 months 19 days

No comments:

Summer Agenda - Changes in Schedule - Council - Pour Painting

 Shalimar, FL  (Hi  83  Lo  64) This is the last week before the summer agenda. The bowling has ended till August and different summer activ...