Friday, September 6, 2024

New Month - Entertainment - Puzzle

 Shalimar, FL  (Hi 80   Lo  72)  Rain most of the day

A new month has started, getting closer to the cruise in November and then it's Christmas. I started figuring out what to get people for Christmas. In the meantime I have lots of crocheting to do for orders before Christmas, then will start making new things for the next craft fair in August. I love plans for the future, keeps me going. September brings cooler weather hopefully.  

I'm finding out that this place is a party line telephone. If you tell one person something, the whole village knows within a day, the problem is does the right info get passed. Remember as a kid you'd play telephone in class telling something the teacher whispered to you, then you tell the next person at the end it's nothing like what the teacher had said. That's here.  Just laugh and move on. If it's critical info, go to the source and get it straight. Let me give you an example. It was heard in another village that two employees were quitting. I went to the office, found the employee and it was true, she was leaving, the other one wasn't. That's all straightened out. 

Entertainment around here can be fun. A few of us were in the gazebo, and one gal saw an ant coming across from the other side carrying a bigger dead bug. It was going up and over the pine needles and we moved things bigger out of the way for it's travels. Funny how we just couldn't keep our eyes off the little ant. Others would come to help but it must have told them, "I got this" because they moved out of the way. We never did find out just where it was going. Old people's entertainment at it's best. 

Tuesday night was special.  The puzzle is now done. We started it July 7 and ended August 3. Several people helped but I have to give out a special thank you to Del for helping me stick it out. There were times we thought it was impossible. There's six pieces missing, but I'm going to do the "replacement" that's on youtube on how to fix missing puzzle pieces. I'm putting it on the wall in the bedroom. (Click on photos to enlarge).  You can barely tell where the pieces are missing.

I did get a bunny done in one evening for a gal here. I'm now working on turtles then back to the mangers.
Another turkey
                                                 Something a bit different, the FSU gnome
As for activities, everyday was the same except Thursday morning. We had activities meeting. There's almost two pages of things to do in September. I'll have to double check what sounds interesting. 

I did get lobster from the truck  on Wednesday. I started out with 3 lobster tacos, lobster roll, (the bread was outstanding), lobster bisque and the whoopie cookie. I had the roll and bisque and went back for more of that. I now have 3 meals. I loved every bite. I'm glad they came.

My next huge project came in this week. A moving Lego cat. I love Lego's and this was something I couldn't pass up. It will take awhile, but that's what it's all about. I'll have it's own little table to work on it.
Friday I finally got a haircut!  I wanted it a bit longer and haven't had a cut since June when I was with the kids. It's neat, still needs to be longer to do what I want it to do but she did a good job working around the cow licks. 

Next week will be totally different, stay tuned to what I'm up to.

1 comment:

Phyllis said...

I assume you still do Hello Fresh. I re=upped last week. Somehow I sighed up for 4 meals a week. When I saw that, I backed out of that site to change to 3 meals. Well, I did something wrong. Got 7 meals. We eat at the Senior center three times a week. Sure did not need 7 meals. As a return customer I got a huge discount on those meals. $43 for all 7. Thats 14 meals. I have canceled the 4-meal plan. My solution to having all those meals, I boxed up two and took to Senior Center on Thursday as door prizes. Was hoping a couple won...... nope two single men both won meals for two.

Quick Trip - Memories of Jim - Son's Birthday - Sports

Aurora, IL  (Hi 60  Lo  48) Saturday  to (Hi 88 to Lo 51) Shalimar, FL  (Hi  77 Lo 70) Rick, our youngest son surprised me with airline tick...