Saturday, September 21, 2024

A Great Busy Week - Sip and Paint

 Shalimar, FL  (Hi  92   Lo  80)

Getting back into the swing of things after a few days up north was hard to do. Getting used to being alone in the apartment again and doing activities on time. 

I have a lot of crocheting to do before Christmas, so every spare moment is working on projects. I did get six more turtles done. Now working on the last of the gnomes and also the manger sets. (Click on photos to enlarge).


Sometimes it's hard to find something to write about. I hate boring people. I'm having a good time and I stay busy. I don't socialize in people's apartments very often but do go to cards every night and on Sundays. I also go to the gazebo after cards in the evening just to catch up on the gossip. The animals are coming out more in the open, bears are more active and so is the coyote and fox. I haven't seen them but other people have. It's nothing to be worried about, just be cautious. 

Monday and Wednesday was WII bowling. Wednesday afternoon was resident council. The room was packed. There's quite a bit going in the newer buildings so there were questions. I'll bring all the info to our village the first Saturday in October.   
Tuesday I had diamond art then over to village 4 then 5 for a special seminar on The next step in life. It's very good info.  Also on Tuesday was the meditation session. It's a great group. 

Thursday I took another gal with me to crochet group then on to shuffleboard. It's neat to show residents different things they can do. 

Friday I got some groceries, haven't done that in awhile. I do well with just the Hellofresh meals. I needed butter, eggs and bread. One of these days, I'll do a wine pickup and gas. 

Friday afternoon was sip and paint. A little wine to go with the fun. We did the portrait of the lady with the pearl earring. I didn't know the story behind it, but read a bit more about it. 
                                            I'm in the back getting help from the teacher. Mary
                                                And the results
I'm going to search for a way to put all my creations in one area. I also need to put dates on the back of each item. That includes all the diamond art and the paintings. I love this place. I'll see you next week. 

No comments:

A Great Busy Week - Sip and Paint

 Shalimar, FL  (Hi  92   Lo  80) Getting back into the swing of things after a few days up north was hard to do. Getting used to being alone...