Saturday, August 17, 2024

Working up to Craft Fair - Saturday

 Shalimar, FL   (Hi  96  Lo  75)

This was a very fast week. Every spare second was finishing up the gnomes for the craft fair. I also made a few other little things along the way. If I wasn't crocheting I was working the puzzle. I love this place. 

Monday I did a practice for WII bowling which is the 19th. The gal that played with me turned in her scores because she won't be here. I can't say I did well, but at least I remembered how to do the setup. 

Tuesday was normal. I worked at diamond art with the other gals. Then into meditation, puzzle, dinner, cards, and crochet.  ok, I'm being boring. 

Wednesday cards all day long with a couple hours with puzzle and three hours on crochet. 

Thursday, I actually had shuffleboard with two gals. We haven't done that in a long time. 

Friday was different. I got up earlier then normal to get my car detailed. It was a mess and it hasn't had a wax for at least three years. Tommy's Detail did an excellent job. It looks like a new car, inside and out.  At 2:00 I went to setup my crochet stuff for the craft fair. Several of us were there and these are the pictures.  My setup. Gnomes are in month order. Those to the right are extra. (Click on the photos to enlarge),

                               













I got three hours of sleep so got up about 5:30. I made sure everything was ready to go and made lists of what I had then went to the commons to start selling at 8. There were people already there.






It got busy all the way to 1:30. We were all exhausted so most of us packed up and left. This is what I had left. I have a girlfriend that wants most of these so I don't have a lot left to sell in our little store. I'm thrilled for all I sold. Now to work on 22 orders before Christmas. 
We have squirrels, lots of them and when they find something to eat, they bury it anywhere they can. This one found a pot of flowers in neighbors yard. It was funny watching it run around searching for a good hiding place,
There's already talk of doing another craft fair next year, maybe two a year. We'll change the hours a bit. 

1 comment:

Phyllis said...

How nice that people support the craft fair.

Quick Trip - Memories of Jim - Son's Birthday - Sports

Aurora, IL  (Hi 60  Lo  48) Saturday  to (Hi 88 to Lo 51) Shalimar, FL  (Hi  77 Lo 70) Rick, our youngest son surprised me with airline tick...