Friday, July 12, 2024

Crunch Time - Signing of Deed

 Shalimar, FL  (Hi 94   Lo  76) 

I'm busy with activities and getting behind on making crochet items for the August 17 craft fair. I did inventory and took picture of everything made so far. Goal is 120 items I have about 50 so far. Here's my items so far. (Click on photo to enlarge). I sold one by just displaying them, that gives me hope they'll go fast. I already have two of each group sold. The lady ordered them a long time ago and gave me the ideas on what to make. 

I finished this last night but not sure if I'll make another just like it. It needs some changing. That's the beauty of making anything, you can change or take it apart easily and start over. 
This is a close up of the Valentines. 
I'll sell for $5 apiece and the ones with mates are $8.  (Males and females)
I thought I'd try out the bike tour machine in the gym. You sign up and use hand buttons to go around a race track. It was hard to learn, but I finally got the hang of it. I'll get over maybe twice a week to do it. It sure beats the boredom of just being on a bike.
The whole weekend the cable was out and internet and the phones don't work well without the internet so there were a lot of people without something to watch. It's too hot to be outside so there were more people in the lounge and commons. (The main building for all activities). We finally had it all back by Tuesday. I put a puzzle in the lounge (and laundry) to do for fun. So far three of us are working on the one in the lounge and another couple people in the laundry. We have only put together  about 10 pieces in working a few hours a day since July 5. Not sure how long we'll keep it going. It's quite a challenge.
I played shuffleboard with one of the gals on Thursday.   I also did the diamond art, (almost done with the book of life), I had meditation, massage and chiropractor appointment were all Tuesday. Cards all day on Wednesday.  

Friday was very interesting.  Background to the Deed signing Ceremony. The CEO of our village is adding Victory Village across from us for aging wounded warriors. It's a nonprofit veteran senior living community with resources and services tailored to meet the financial, physical, mental, spiritual, and social needs of its residents. This blended community will be comprised of wounded warriors and their caregivers, the surviving spouses of retired enlisted Soldiers, Sailors, Marines, Airmen and guardians, and retired enlisted couples.  The link  Victory Village.  This should have been done years ago.  The deed is from Eglin AFB and is 80 acres. A few pictures. It was great to see service people in uniform. I miss that. 
This is General James C. Slife USAF Vice Chief of Staff
The signing was (left to right) Dr. Ravi Chaudhary
USAF Assistant Secretary for Energy, Installations, and Environment
General James C. Slife
USAF Vice Chief of Staff
and
Brooke McLean
Air Force Enlisted Village President and CEO
It was a great ceremony and I'll be here when it's all built.
Our area is the building that look like spokes middle bottom. 
The reception was after the signing.

I have nothing planned for the weekend, but I'm sure it will be filled for next week's blog.

No comments:

New Month - Entertainment - Puzzle

 Shalimar, FL  (Hi 80   Lo  72)  Rain most of the day A new month has started, getting closer to the cruise in November and then it's Ch...