Saturday, August 3, 2024

HOT and HUMID - Beginning of August

 Shalimar, FL  (Hi 88  Lo  80)  It did get as high as 97

It's been hot and humid with heat index 112 high this week. I don't mind the heat, it's the humidity that gets ya. No one walking till after the sun goes down, so it's quiet in the villages during the day. Luckily less trouble with TV/internet, but still goes out for a bit each day for a few minutes. What did we do before TV, I barely remember. 

This week was the same routine as last week. I've added more time with the puzzle and crocheting. The activities were a little less this week. I did pick up my neighbor from the airport on Tuesday. She was suppose to be here by 9:00pm from Atlanta. I watched flightaware and they kept changing the time. She kept texting saying it was delayed, then again .... it was 1:30am when she landed and we got back home at 2am. I slept in on Wednesday morning.  She took me to lunch on Friday and we had crab legs. She can come in late any time she has a flight. Thank you so much for lunch! (Name withheld to protect the innocent)

Thursday morning was activities meeting. There's a lot going on in August, but nothing new, so I'll write as I do them during the month. 

Saturday morning was our monthly meeting and there were 3 new gals that just moved in to join us. It's been busy with people coming and going in our village. 

I did get a picture of everything I've made so far and the craft fair is August 17. I still have a lot to do. 

Saturday night we had a life celebration for a gal in our village. It was a good time and all the gals said what they remembered about her. 

No comments:

Quick Trip - Memories of Jim - Son's Birthday - Sports

Aurora, IL  (Hi 60  Lo  48) Saturday  to (Hi 88 to Lo 51) Shalimar, FL  (Hi  77 Lo 70) Rick, our youngest son surprised me with airline tick...