Saturday, March 16, 2024

No WIFI - Painting - Yard Cleanup - Pensacola

 Shalimar, FL  (Hi 79   Lo 61) 

We changed to daylight savings time on Sunday. Moving up an hour doesn't bother me as much as moving back an hour in the fall. It's now lighter later and great to sit outside longer in the evenings. 

Tuesday was an eye opener on what happens when you have no internet or TV. It's like being back in the 40's. Gals were walking around with nothing to do and no one even the office didn't have phones to call in or out for emergencies. They had to use back up phones for emergencies.  I couldn't do my games and look up stuff like I do for questions the gals ask. How did we get along before computers. It was 24 hours before we got it back and it was taken down (hear say) that another phone company cut the lines putting in fiber optic for a new construction site. 

The week went as usual except Wednesday. I had my massage and chiropractor appointment. I changed to another massage therapist that was a lot easier on my body and I love her. I now have a permanent gal to go to and the chiropractor and I figured out another way to keep my hip from slipping out of  place for longer. I did realize one day last week whenever I stand I lean on the left hip. That's the bad one, now I try to stand straight and no leaning. I hope that helps.

Thursday was also different. I went to the crochet group. I left early to go to Sip and Paint at the commons. There weren't many of us but we had a good time trying to paint a picture. I do my own thing, but I'm the one that looks at it. (Click photos to enlarge). This is my picture. 

         The whole group 
My picture


   Working on my picture. 
Friday I worked on my puzzle. At 1:00 I had the team from the base called "honey doers" help me with the yard. It was a mess with weeds and down small branches from our storm the other night. They did a marvelous job. 



                                   Final cleanup.  It won't stay long, but sure looks good for now.
Then I went to happy hour at 3:00. It was a really good time. They had meatballs, potato skins, pretzel bites with cheese dip and veggies, (carrots, peppers, cauliflower bites).  The beer was green and so was the whiskey. There was  Karaoke but mainly music for dancing. The party was from 3 to 5:00. 
Our village one people.
Other villages
I normally have nothing to do on Friday and Saturday. This week both days I was busy. Saturday I went to Pensacola to get wine. I got a case of wine I can't get around here. I should be ok now for six months.

No comments:

Electronics Assistants - Birthday Party - Sing-a-long

  Shalimar, FL    (Hi   80  Lo  65) Sunday was so much fun and a learning experience. About 15 school kids came in to help residents with ce...