Saturday, August 19, 2023

Dentist - Balance and Strength - New Craft

 Shalimar, FL (Hi 95  Lo 78)

Sunday: The only thing I did outside of the apartment was chimes practice. I'm doing better with each practice with two chimes and changing to a third when needed. It's all coming back from my years in band. 

Monday: My last doctor appointment with everyone I need (for now). The dentist appointment took a couple months to get. I'm pleased with the office crew and the dentist I saw briefly, but I do have to vent and if anyone reading this blog knows what's going on, please let me know. They took a full head xray, a new way then I've had before, but I have had a couple in the past. They show the nasal area along with the teeth. The dentist didn't say one thing about the teeth, he talked about how my nasal passage was small for breathing. I already knew that with problems when I was young. He talked about sleep apnea and getting a CPAP, what?   The price is $50 for a sleep study, (remember he's a dentist). I passed on the whole idea. The dentist made it clear he can't order a CPAP, only do the sleep study with a finger ring you wear for a couple nights. Any ideas why that would be a dentist project besides putting money in his pocket?

Every night I played cards and sat outside with quite a few people. 

Tuesday: I went to meditation and talking with the gals was the only thing I did all day. I'm crocheting still and play a lot of games on the computer. I'm also still learning the guitar.  I have plenty of things I can do, but just don't want to. I use days of nothing else to do the housework, that still continues no matter what else comes up. 

Wednesday: The rehab gal, Kelly, did a special check on anyone that was interested to do a balance and strength test for walking. There's been several falls the past couple weeks so I think that's what gave her the idea. She checks strength in the legs by sitting on a chair arms folded and eyes open then stand and sit for 30 seconds. Then again with eyes closed. I didn't do one. My knees won't let me get up without severe pain. I can do it with help from arms, but not just getting up. FAIL. The second test was standing with eyes open, 30 seconds, I'm good. Standing on a foam mat with eyes closed I lasted 10 seconds without being wobbly. FAIL  Now I'm scheduled for rehab to see if I can get the pain out of the knees and to stand better without being "off balance". 

A little later I went to a class on diamond painting. It's tiny beads that you put on a numbered spot on a picture. I picked gnomes and will have that to work on during the down times of nothing else going on with the crocheting. It's a time to meet new gals and we'll meet to work on the pictures next week. You can see the tiny beads along the top and bottom that I've finished, well almost finished. 



                        Rae has been doing these for awhile. She has a special setup. 


Thursday: It was another no planned anything day. I got a text late morning that one of the gals wanted to play shuffleboard so I went with her to play for an hour or so. That broke up the afternoon. I decided to work on the Peace plant and get it downsized. I hope it doesn't die, but I watched the flower shop on how to do it in Illinois so gave it a try. 

Friday: Twice a month they do blood pressure checks. I've been slacking off and forgetting to go but marked it on the calendar for today.  It's the same as it was in May so no worries. It's been a lot lower since I moved back to Florida.   

Darts has been cancelled from the schedule but one guy is very good and he's a competitor and so am I. I beat him twice today. We were going to quit, but decided to still play on Friday afternoons. 

I'll close this week with a rainbow.  


1 comment:

Phyllis said...

Thinking I need to try those "tests". I now have less than desirable balance.

Quick Trip - Memories of Jim - Son's Birthday - Sports

Aurora, IL  (Hi 60  Lo  48) Saturday  to (Hi 88 to Lo 51) Shalimar, FL  (Hi  77 Lo 70) Rick, our youngest son surprised me with airline tick...