Friday, August 11, 2023

Making Life Easier - Grandson's Birthday

 Shalimar, FL ( Hi 97 Lo 80)   Hot and humid even for here (109 heat index)

I've had more time to sit and think this week. It's one of those weeks that was not quite as hectic. It's hot and humid and very few people out and about. I'm doing a lot of crocheting and youtube watching with the storm chasers. Severe weather has also been active this summer. I also took some time to go thru my facebook friends. Some I still stay in close contact, some are deceased so I deleted, and others I wish I knew where they are. When Jim died there's several that I've lost contact with, but what would I say to them? It's funny how people come and go in your life. 

I did the usual activities, chimes practice, meditation and playing cards in the evening. I started another six week class on "triggers and how to control them". Thursday were three events at the same time, so I gave up the shuffleboard. The concert of the Emerald band quartet was here along with an ice cream social.  The four guys that were in the national quartet competition were 77th out of 100 in the states. 

                                             The four in front were the main quartet 

                                          This is the full group. 
They are very good and they'll be back in one of the villages on Sunday. 

I have a lot of thread and I'm usually trying to find the color I need by opening a tub or in a shelving unit but I can't see every color at once. I bought an industrial shelving unit that's very handy and hold almost all the thread. I love it.  It came in pieces, of course, and took me awhile to figure out why it didn't work the way the instructions said it would, but when I turned the shelves upside down (from how I had it) it went together really nice. 
These are the little clips to put around each post to separate the shelves, 40 of them. 
                                                        Now the thread are all in order. 
                                                  I have empty boxes now, so I put my winter stuff in them. 
Friday was our concert at the Hawthorn House assisted living, which is on campus. We play every month for them. I came home and finished another critter for the wreath. I'm hoping next week I'll hae a picture ready for you.  I chatted with the North Carolina group in zoom for an hour than sat outside with a few of the gals before going to chat which is nightly.  That's another wrap on this week. 

Tidbits:  Our youngest grandson is a senior this year and our son sent me the pictures. Here's Jack he turned 18 this week. (I can't believe I'm that old). He's played soccer and tennis ball in high school. 




                                                He's now 18, the car is his. 
                                               And a whiz in computer gaming. 
  

2 comments:

Phyllis said...

I think back often of the people we met when RVing and wondering what happened to them. So many we stayed in contact for a while but then drifted away for one reason or another.

Miriam said...

The new shelf looks great! You can easily see all the colors.
What a handsome grandson and those photos are very nice. Super nice car for an 18 year old!I am happy we have stayed in touch,even we only met once face to face. Sounds like you had a good, relaxing week.

Quick Trip - Memories of Jim - Son's Birthday - Sports

Aurora, IL  (Hi 60  Lo  48) Saturday  to (Hi 88 to Lo 51) Shalimar, FL  (Hi  77 Lo 70) Rick, our youngest son surprised me with airline tick...