Saturday, April 1, 2023

Bluegrass Concert - New Furniture - Anniversary - Tornadoes

 Shalimar, FL (Hi 77  Lo 68)

I want to update everyone on the tummy problems. I was having pain before leaving Illinois and worried about even getting to Florida without problems. It hasn't come back, I get to hurting a bit, but not bad and the growling has even stopped. It must have been anxiety. I'm doing great. I hope  it stays that way. Thank you for the concern. 

Sunday:  I usually have nothing to do on Sundays, that's not the case now, at least for awhile. I'm in chimes and decided to stick with it. The other gals have been doing it for at least four years, so I'll get better the more I play. I can also use the same music for the guitar and learn the chords and melody with the music.

At 3:00 I went to village six to watch the Bluegrass concert. There's several people that get together and put on a concert the last Sunday of the month. They're very good and played two hours. I'll put that on the list for something to do for next month. (Click on the photos to enlarge).  

                                                This is Maxine that plays a bass, she's so fun to watch. 



                                Fiddle and Dobra the guy to the right also plays the mandolin. 
                                        I love all the amplifiers sitting in front of each player. 

                            The is part of the room, there's a few more rows to the back of this row. 
                                            This was my view, lol 
Back home I watched the storm chasers again. I have a feeling it's going to be very active this spring with storms. I just feel so sorry for Mississippi, Alabama and Georgia. 

Monday: I had new furniture coming and the time they gave me was from 2 to 5. I stuck around just in case they came early. I was surprised to get a phone text saying they'd be here at 2 and sure enough they pulled in. I am excited and love the new stuff. I got a loveseat, dresser and night stand. Now I have a lot of work to get it the bedroom all switched around and put stuff away. I'm keeping the old dresser to put the t-shirts in and the new one with all the summer clothes. The puzzles will go where the t-shirts are and all be tidy. It's a mess right now. The loveseat matches the rug and I still have a picture to put up when it gets here, but the place is coming together. The loveseat was supposed to be delayed, I'm so glad I got it all in one shipment. My friend came over to sit with me to wait for it to come. Thank you Joanne, the excitement was great to share with you. 




It's going to take some work to get it all in order, but I have time. When the movers left I went over to the fraud and scam talk. A few things came up that I didn't know about. We were given really good info on what to watch for, like companies aren't taking real calls anymore and if you google a number it's more likely to be false and you'll be scammed. If you need a company you'll need to do a "chat" with someone in the company. It's not like it used to be. We had quite a few people attend. 
Tuesday: I'm so glad things don't start up for me till about 12 or 1pm. I try to relax outside in the mornings on the patio, but this morning it was raining. I went to meditation  and to balance class.  My neighbor and I played a game of pool then took off to the thrift stores and one was huge. Lots of furniture and clothes. I didn't find anything but a can of cookies.  Today was our anniversary, it would have been 53 years. I was bumming all day long, but tried to stay cheery. I had a call from Frank, which was really nice. Rick is on vacation, in Florida, but too far for us to meet. If I was in Auburndale I would have gone to see him for a couple hours. The gals here are very supportive and it was nice to have a shoulder or two to cry on. This is only my second year without Jim, and I don't remember much of last year. 

Wednesday: Bright sunny day but 52 degrees. WHAT? It doesn't stay cold all day, warmed up to 68, still needs to be a little warmer. I went to crafts at noon. There was only three of us, but we had a good time for an hour or so. Then I met a lady from chimes and she helped me figure out music that I was missing and getting copies from the office. I then went home and worked on getting the music in order. I went in the evening to play card game 31 for the first time. There were several of us. It was a fun game and we had a good time.  

Thursday: I had NOTHING planned today so I tackled the bedroom and closets. It took six hours to get it all done. I moved the t-shirts from one area from the shelves to the old dresser and all that was in the old dresser to the new one which left me one drawer free. I had plastic shelves for night stand and moved all the contents to the new night stand. It's great. I'll get rid of stuff as I don't use it in the coming years. I started out with a mess. Then when all done it's organized and I have lots of room. 

                                                    Shelves have puzzles instead of T-shirts. 


I needed a break so I sat outside with a few gals in the gazebo. I later went to play cards game 31. I had a good time laughing with the gals and will be going a couple nights a week. 

Friday: I had some phone calls, people calling to see if I'm doing ok. It's one month today and all is great. I made a coffee cake for our village meeting in the morning. They get together to tell what's going on in the village.  I didn't do anything else but watch the storm chasers with a line of tornadoes in the midwest and south. There were several tonado touch downs. 

Saturday: APRIL 1, Another month! Continuation from yesterday, There's six villages and I think most meet on the first of every month to give reports on things that need to be fixed or things that should be attended to. There's two to four people that take the reports to the management. After the meeting I went WII bowling with the gals. That's bowling on the computer, no pressure on the right arm. I did really well for being my first time in real action with the gals. My high game today was 288, the 663 is all the games together (learning included) The goal is to reach 1000 and keep that level. 
The new activities are listed on the bulletin board the first of every month. I do most all of them. 
There was a couple hours between the bowling and the happy hour. There were more gals that came in later but I didn't retake the picture. This is every Saturday night and different gals come in each week. I got back home about 7:00 in time for the evening chat.  

1 comment:

Phyllis said...

Girl.... you sure don't let any moss grow under your feel.

St. Patrick's Day - Council Meeting - Concert

 Shalimar, FL   (Hi  63  Lo 47)    I'VE BEEN ASKED THAT THE FONT IT TOO SMALL. JUST DO A CONTROL +  AND IT WILL ENLARGE. CONTROL   -(min...