Saturday, April 8, 2023

Ball Drumming - Overnight in the RV

 Shalimar, FL (Hi 73  Lo 62)

April is a lot quieter then March. 

Sunday: I caught up with video's on Youtube and did the budget for the month. I cleaned up the apartment and also got some laundry done. Just have to do housework at times. 

Monday: I bought lunch (turkey club sandwich) and dinner (gyro) at our Knife's Edge "restaurant" today. It's $9 a meal but sometimes it's just worth not having to cook. I learned more about Ball Drumming. I was the only one that showed up but it's a video you watch and it's fascinating. It would be really fun with a bunch of people, but no one has been coming. It's a simple work out.   (Click on the photos to enlarge)

I didn't have anyone to play with today so stayed in and did some crocheting. 

The next two days were very special. Jim and Darlene are traveling east and stopped by in Defuniak about 44 miles north of me. They have been long time RV'ing friends. We made plans to meet up for a couple days. They arrived on Tuesday about 1:00 and I headed for their place. I'm so glad I can get places with the help of the GPS, no problems. 

They were in a field on private property and they found it under Boondockers Welcome website. It's like an airbnb only for RVers. They had water and 50 amp power but you can also boondock. They were the only ones parked, so it was very quiet except for the cows and chickens in the distance. 
If you want more details please go to Jim and Darlene's blog. 

I finally got to see their great fifth wheel. It's a lot like what we had but longer and has dishwasher and full bath and half. That would have been wonderful to have in ours. 

Jim with their new electric grill, it's great to make chicken legs that were frozen to being done in a few minutes.  
                                        It was relaxing time after dinner with a couple beverages. 
                                        The moon was so full we couldn't see starts later in the night. 
I stayed the night with them so we had more time to visit and catch up on what's been going on. On Wednesday morning we headed to my place so I got to show off where I'm living. 
We sat by the pool watching the clouds and the fighter jets practicing. 
We walked around the area. We had lunch at the restaurant and dinner with food trucks. They were both very good. 
Chicken wings, carrots and fries, what a meal (Not showing is baked beans)
This truck had Italian  Gelato. Something new and I really like it
I finally took a picture of the front of the main building of Bob Hope Village
Jim and Darlene left about 6:30, they wanted to get back to the RV before dark. I already miss them. We had so much fun. I'm so glad they stopped by for a couple days. They love this place as much as I do. 

Thursday was a busy afternoon. I had three things I wanted to do at the same time but one was very important. The funeral place we had chosen in Auburndale is nationwide and I needed to get paperwork done for shipping me to Jefferson Barracks in Missouri to be with Jim when the time comes. It just so happens a lady from the local funeral home was coming to the village to talk about planning and I met up with her to get all the papers signed and pay $125 for shipping fees. I'm set and the kids won't have to worry about me.  I later went to the events meeting to plan things to do for May. It's fun hearing ideas from others. I still want to start up darts and shuffleboard, but shuffleboard has to be in winter. It's outside and not protected from the sun like a lot of other places. A lot of people travel north to be with families during the summer. It's like RV'ers being snowbirds, here in the winter and gone in the summer. 

Friday I was just goofing off. I had nothing planned and I caught up on videos (Youtube) and spent some time with the gals at the gazebo for awhile. Fridays and weekends not much going on that's of interest. I'll be going back to crocheting quite a bit this next week to get some orders done. We love watching the squirrels. They play and act like monkeys at times. They sure know how to open a peanut. 
Saturday I played WII bowling. I had a pretty good score 201. I need to be more consistent when I start the league in the fall.  
It was raining most of the day and people don't get out so I crocheted. I also went to happy hour to socialize. I love the get togethers. Another week in paradise. Thanks for reading, I appreciate it. 
HAPPY EASTER!

2 comments:

Donna B. McNicol said...

It sure sounds like a great visit with your friends. And you seem to be settling in quite nicely. If Stu goes first, I'm sure I will sell our home and move into an independent living facility that also has assisted living for later years. Sending Froggi hugs your way!

Our Prime Years - Life in Tennessee
My A to Z Blogs
DB McNicol - Small Delights, Simple Pleasures, and Significant Memories
My Snap Memories - My Life in Black & White

Phyllis said...

You were so fortunate to have great weather when Jim and Darlene were there. While here we had mostly cold and rain. I would have loved it if Jim had been able to show off that new grill. And we know he loves a good campfire. That went by the wayside too. They raved on how much they enjoyed their visit with you.

Electronics Assistants - Birthday Party - Sing-a-long

  Shalimar, FL    (Hi   80  Lo  65) Sunday was so much fun and a learning experience. About 15 school kids came in to help residents with ce...