Saturday, April 15, 2023

Easter Luncheon - Magic - First Chime Concert

 Shalimar, Fl (Hi  81  Lo 64)

Easter seems a long time ago when you're doing a blog once a week. There were over 150 people at two different times for the luncheon. I went with a couple other gals from our village. We had salad, ham, scalloped potatoes, peas, roll and carrot cake. It was a great meal, I'm glad I went. (Click on the photos to enlarge). 




The guys were getting the drinks, ice tea, coffee and water. Great setup and they brought it to us. 
One of the gals said this is valet parking, there were helpers taking the walkers and parking them. 



                                               My table, Priscilla, Masami, Anne, Juanita, Dee
                                Anne and I played pool after lunch for a couple games. 

For happy hour I went to play the card game 31. I won again, that's two in a week! It's 60 cents when we play two games so it's not breaking the bank, but it keeps me playing. 

Monday I went to the activities gals and scheduled darts and indoor shuffle board. I'm hoping some of the men will want to do competitions and maybe another team of women. I went to see my friend in village 4, Joanne and sat with her a few minutes then back to village 1, to help decorate the lounge. My neighbor changes it every holiday. It's now in red, white and blue for Memorial day, 4th of July and Veterans. 



A couple hours after we were done we went to the commons area and watched a magician, Raushan Hammon. He was very entertaining and fun to watch. I love magic. I took several pictures. If he comes to your area, see him, it's worth it. He was very good in making birds appear. 


                            He had three pieces of material together with a big knot. The lady held the knot 
                                                    then he pulled the material from her
                                                
                                            which was a bra and the material, with the bra in the middle. 
He was there an hour, so when I got back home I had time to get online for the GBM zoom group and the regular chat after that, it's been a busy day. 

Tuesday was meditation then to balance class. I'm getting pretty good with balance, a lot better than when I started going. I still need to go to the gym for "core" workout, but that's for one of those days I have nothing to do. I sat for a couple hours outside with the gals for chitchat then dinner and in the for evening. The planes from the base have been really busy the last couple days, 

Wednesday was crafts at noon. I'm still trying to figure out how to get pine cones connected to the wire circle. With the help of one of gals I wired them on the wire circle base and they stayed. Now I'll put my forest crochet critters on it and a foam circle in the middle for different holiday critters. I have it all in my head, now to put it into real life. 

Thursday I got my haircut again. It's only been four weeks but it was getting way too long so I had it cut a lot shorter this time and it looks ok. It's less hair on top which gives me a headache when it's long. Since summer is getting closer I wanted it shorter. Then I went to chimes practice. I did really well today. My first concert is Friday. I also played cards in the evening then sat outside with a few gals at the gazebo. I learn something about the area every time I do that. 

Friday was my anxious day. I went to what they call coffee talk. You sit around a table for 15 minutes then move to another table to meet with new people. I do ok meeting people, but still can't start conversations with ease. I love finding out what bases people have been stationed. The one guy that works here is from Fort Wayne Indiana, which is 25 miles from my home. It's fun to meet new people, now to remember the names is iffy.  In the afternoon I had a Chimes concert across the street at the Hawthorn House. It's another section from where I am for those that can't take care of themselves, but still walking or getting around by themselves. The building is amazing and everyone there is just as happy as in my complex. I've only had three rehearsals and I did very well, so I'm happy. 
Our leader Kelly
                                   There were nine of us playing today. I'm fourth from the right.  
                                                   Left sections of the audience
                  Right section and I forgot to take a picture of those listening from the second floor. 
I got back and sat in the gazebo and watched the squirrels. They are so playful. 
This one was sitting right next to me. 
The evening was with North Carolina zoom catching up on ski trip for one couple. That's an hour and it's the great to know how our friends are doing. 

Saturday I started out with WII bowling at 10:00. I had a really bad first game but the next two weren't so bad. 198 was highest but I need to stay above 200. I have more work to do. I love that game. We had mimosas to help us out.

 I sat outside for a couple hours then had a couple zoom meetings with people. Saturday evening is my favorite several of us get together for food and happy hour. we had a really strong storm go thru but nothing severe. I'm watching storm chasers following the storms in Illinois and Missouri. One dropped but not sure if any damage, some areas are very rural. This next week I'll be traveling, I may have more blogs to read instead of one great big one. 
This is the birthday cake for a couple gals with birthdays we had at happy hour. It sure was good. 
Extra: To show the difference in last year to this year, here's the calendar from both years.(click to enlarge) 


No comments:

Indian Flute Festival - Cinco de Mayo

 Shalimar, FL   (Hi   78   Lo  71) Sunday I went with Lois and Debbie to the Native American Musical Echoes Flute Festival. It was windy and...