Friday, January 13, 2023

Thank You - Packing

 Troy, MO. (Hi   36  Lo 19)   High in the week 62 then to 19 for low Tornadoes in AL, GA

I want to start out this blog with a big thank you for all the support for moving back to Florida. It's been 16 months since Jim passed and a lot of thought going into the pros and cons. I'm a very outgoing person (some of you agree maybe a little overboard), but to sit all the time and crocheting I love, it's time to be with people and stay busy. Playing cards, having laughter with others and take off and go places.  I was told for months to wait at least a year to make any big decisions. The way this move came about was a friend told me about Bob Hope Village  almost the time I moved to Illinois. Several months later another friend said have you ever heard of BHV, and I said yeah. She talked me into getting my application in and get the paperwork started. I called in July 2022, and they said it would probably be a year for an opening,  very people move once they're there. I had all my paperwork in August. I got the call that a one bedroom apartment was open on Dec 27 (great Christmas present). I got an email on January 12, that it's being processed. It took six days to have the registered mail be delivered. Mail is slow be prepared. Move in date is March 2. I can move February 3, and the lease is signed for that date but the kids couldn't get off work. I want them to help out and know I'll be ok. 

On Sunday, I started to have some pain in the gallbladder. I seldom talk about health, but this may put a damper on the move. I call my gallbladder a "volcano gallbladder". I've been fighting with it for many years. I've had an ultrasound several years back and doctor said you'll probably need to get it out in a couple years. I changed my diet and it gets all out of shape then it  goes dormant. Sunday it hurt, pulsates and puffed up like it's full of air. I went to my general doctor on Monday and she setup an ultrasound, but nearest date is January 30. That gives me 3 weeks to get something done, if they do anything, and I'll still be able to  move. By Wednesday it didn't hurt, it must be back dormant.  

The rest of the week I've been packing about 2 boxes a day. I packed all the clothes, and forgot I still have about two months to still need clothes, so I unpacked a box. The things I don't use I packed. I'll pack the stuff in the kitchen that I don't use next week.  I also have a coat closet all packed. 

This is Thursday and I've been finishing up some crocheting orders. I also made a bunch of catnip mice. I haven't posted the website of my "critters" in awhile. Click here.  I worked at hospice which I'll do till I leave. 

                                            Two different colored gnomes. 

    Another order of her dog, named Elvis. 
This weekend I'm with my sister and having a grand time. It may be my last time till I start flying back and forth from Florida. There's an airline that's a straight shot from Eglin AFB to Scott AFB.  The new blogs I do I want to add at the bottom anywhere I eat if it's worth it. That's something I wish I would have done while on the road. I always want to know where we ate that was good to tell others on the road.  

Try  Babylon bar and grill  in Troy, MO.  great hamburgers, tacos, wings etc. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had my gallbladder out a few years ago. Rapid recoup. You will be kicking it. Wise to have waited a bit before making the big decision to move. Sounds like a good plan. Phyllis E

owensontheroad said...

So happy for your move. Take care of yourself with that gallbladder! Make sure to get help where you can.

Anonymous said...

Praying for your gallbladder issue. Hopefully it will get taken care of soon. I am so happy for you to be able to move back to FL.

Easy Going Week - Birthday Party - Tornado Outbreak

 Sharlimar, FL   (Hi 78 Lo 66) It was a normal quieter week than last week. The normal schedule was Wii bowling Monday and Wednesday morning...