Saturday, October 22, 2022

Getting Back to Normal Week - New Buildings

 Shiloh, IL (Hi 80  Lo 54)  Sunny and gorgeous

Sunday was a day to rest up and put all my non sold crochet items put back in the cabinet. I didn't do anything but watch TV and catch up on emails. 

Monday I got a few orders for crocheting so sorted out the thread I needed and now working this week on a few items. One was a cow. I got it done in a couple days. It's so cute. 


Monday,  my  next project is another manger scene. I have a few things I can do for the donkey to give it "character".  I love crocheting. I can watch recorded shows and still do it. I have a zoom meeting with the gals on GBM (glioblastoma cancer)  which I've been doing for a year. It's so great having so many gals to talk with and we have so much in common.  We're getting together in April in Florida. It's going to be a great time if we can pull it off, AND it's a trip. 

Tuesday and Thursday I worked at hospice. I worked on a special memorial which I was invited for the deaths of loved one in the past year. In some ways it seems so long ago and sometime it seems like yesterday. I got the project done and all went well.  

Friday I walked around the community. On Wednesday next week there's another section going in so they're having a ground breaking ceremony for "The Oasis" for 55+ and have a place for get togethers, Click on the link.  I'm going to the luncheon to hear all about  it. The community is growing fast. Here's today's walk around. (Click on the photos to enlarge).




                                            More duplexes

It looks like as soon as they're built they rent get them rented out. It's going to be a hopping place with all the new buildings going in. So far I haven't met anyone that lives here. They all work and are a lot younger. It's not like a normal Florida retirement community. People stay to themselves. 

The weather has gone from 30 to 80 this week. I have the windows open today. It's really nice out. See ya next week. 

No comments:

Indian Flute Festival - Cinco de Mayo

 Shalimar, FL   (Hi   78   Lo  71) Sunday I went with Lois and Debbie to the Native American Musical Echoes Flute Festival. It was windy and...