Saturday, October 29, 2022

Day Trip with Gorgeous Trees - Dentist - Ground Breaking

 Shiloh, IL  (Hi 62  Lo 43)

This week was busy!  

Monday Ruth wanted to go to Grafton, IL. The trees are in full color  and with winds and rain on Tuesday we wanted to get there before it's all gone. We were hoping for sun, but that didn't happen so the brightness wasn't as good especially on photos. (Click the photos to enlarge). In person it was beautiful!




The Illinois river is just as dry as parts of the Mississippi. We need rain in this area it's been a dry summer. 




I've gone to Grafton a few times this summer and never noticed a cliff with markings on it. Very interesting. I hope you can read the sign, just click to enlarge it. There's huge caves in the cliffs but all closed off. 







While we were there we went to The Dock for lunch. They have the best food. We also got a surprise with having the river cruise ship in port, the American Queen. My sister and I were in Hannibal when the American Symphony ship was in port there. I've been lucky to see both of them. 



Setup for Halloween. At first glance it looked so real. 
There's still barges going up river, but in some areas they're dredging to get them through. This one was very long. 
We got back home mid afternoon. The temps were already dropping and it poured rain on Tuesday.  

Tuesday and Wednesday was with the dentist. I had a cleaning on Tuesday afternoon and it was a  drenching rain.  I have/had a front tooth that had a root canal many years ago and it was breaking. When they did the cleaning the dentist said if it breaks fully I'll be needing extensive work for a bridge. I decided to just get a crown and get it done Someone cancelled on Wednesday so back I went to get it all taken care of before it breaks. I thought it would be super painful like the first time, but it actually wasn't bad and no pain after it was done. There was a tiny cavity behind the one I was getting fixed so I got that done too. I'll go back mid November for the permanent crown and I'll be set for awhile, hopefully. 

Wednesday morning (before the dentist)  I went to the ground breaking for the new 55+ project going in on our property. I showed the pictures of the new villas last post but this is a huge four story building with lots of stuff for the seniors to do. I don't like the layout and my apartment is bigger. It's also more expensive than my place. 


                            The chef that made the lunch, which was excellent,  did an ice carving.                                                       It was a cat on a pumpkin.  
                                            The ground breaking was interesting. 
                                            Several people attended. 


Thursday  I worked at hospice for several hours. I did a couple word documents with columns that no one knew how to do. I'll have to do a teaching day at some point I'm sure. I got a lot of folders copied and did some mailings. I love all the stuff they have for me once a week. It's great being with the four gals I help out every week. 

Friday I wrapped all the Christmas gifts. I ordered last Sunday and everything was here by Tuesday morning. I can't believe it's all done. That's a great feeling. I cleaned the apartment up a bit and worked on the crochet project. It's about 60 today but still a cold wind. The hibernation has now started. I have nothing on the calendar except hospice on Thursdays. I'll probably get more days filled up as time goes on, but nice to just sit back and crochet, like an old lady someone said.  I had NC group zoom tonight and good to catch up with everyone. 

No comments:

Electronics Assistants - Birthday Party - Sing-a-long

  Shalimar, FL    (Hi   80  Lo  65) Sunday was so much fun and a learning experience. About 15 school kids came in to help residents with ce...