Sunday, October 16, 2022

Winter is Coming - Craft Fair - End of Travels

 Shiloh, IL  (Hi 60  Lo 35)

The past few days the prediction of weather is COLD and more COLD weather coming our way. I have a few winter clothes from last year, but may be getting more for this year if I get out very often. I have one day a week to go to hospice to help them out but if there's snow/ice I'll be staying in the apartment. I'm not risking a wreck  going anywhere. 

Saturday was the craft fair at the church in O'Fallon. I was co-chairman and have been working with Jean for almost a year in getting vendors. There's always someone that has to cancel and also last minute additions. There was lots of help from the church members so the chairs and tables were done in no time. 

Friday afternoon we started setup at 2:00 and the vendors came in about 4:00. No problems. There's two different rooms. One in the kitchen and the gym area. (Click on the phots to enlarge). 

                                            Gym area

Kitchen area

                                            There's a long hallway between them. 
The best part of any of the craft fairs is  vendors coming in  and setting up. It's like Christmas, what will they pull out, what kinds of things do people make? It's amazing. There's no one that has the same craft. This time there were very few jewelry makers. There was even an American doll table that was very impressive. It was quite a fun evening and there were a few that setup on Saturday morning before 9:00 when the public started coming in to buy. Speaking of vendors. I had a call from a vendor at the shows I did in Florida and wanted to know the date of this year. That brought tears, I want to be in Florida at our place and do it again. I sure miss that community and all the fun. 

Saturday started out 38 degrees. It warmed up to 58 which made for a great day to go to a craft fair. The crowds were less then expected but there was a stream of people that came through from 9 to 3. I sold a couple items in the first 10 minutes. I sold a lot more then I thought I would and I'm very pleased. 

This is the start of the fair.  I had a few items just to give away like the paper necklaces. I thought that would be a craft I'd like to do, but not my thing. 
This is the end of the fair. I KNOW I need to make a lot of dogs and the reindeer went fast. I was surprised the little snowmen didn't sell, but I'll sell them at some point. I made ear pud holders but that didn't sesll either.  The angels didn't sell  either. 
                                            Map and vendor locations
                                            Here's the vendors from both areas. (Click photos to enlarge then scroll to make closeup. 
 














These big guys were so fun. They moved and made noise. If I had a house I would have bought one.
 













It wasn't the best of the craft fairs, but it was also busy around town. 
I helped put things back the way it was before we setup on Friday then went to Frank and Angie's for dinner. I was thankful not to cook.  Angie's mom was there too and so was Kendall. He came from college for Angie's birthday that's on Monday. It was quite a surprise for her. 
                                            Kendall
Kendall between the grandma's. Dee, Kendall and Sherri
                                            Kendall and Dee on phones. 
Another big event happened with Kyle's wife Holly. She graduated from OSF with dietetic internship, St. Francis Medical Center in Peoria, IL on Friday. She's now eligible to take the registration exam and become a registered dietitian. They're moving from Peoria to Bloomington, IL this weekend. 
Congratulations Holly!!!
 The bucket list is done, the summer travels are done. It's time to hibernate and I'm not doing anything that I know of till spring. I hate the cold and won't be getting out, just like last year. I have plenty of crocheting to do to always have something around to sell. I also take orders from anyone. Postage is high, but worth it. I have to get back to the guitar and puzzles. I made it through last winter so I'll make it thru this winter. I'll still post blogs, may be boring but we'll see what I can do to make them fun. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw you at the craft fair, but you were eating and talking to the lady set up next to you and I didn’t want to interrupt your lunch.

Tumbleweed Dee said...

I wish you did.

Jim and Sandie said...

You hibernate in the winter and I do in the summer. I can't believe your snowmen and angels didn't sell. They are so cute. Wish I felt like blogging but my life is so boring.

Summer Agenda - Changes in Schedule - Council - Pour Painting

 Shalimar, FL  (Hi  83  Lo  64) This is the last week before the summer agenda. The bowling has ended till August and different summer activ...