Saturday, September 10, 2022

Itchy Boots - One Year Ago - Hospice Work and Fun - Band Competition

 Shiloh, IL  (Hi  84   Lo 64)

I am having the most entertainment watching Itchy boots on Youtube.com  A gal that rides a motorbike all over the world, off main highways, through mountains, not on major roads,  and she's from the Netherlands. She's got more guts than I'd ever have in some of the places she goes, alone. She's got fabulous videos and the sceneries are gorgeous. If you have time, she's on the sixth season so you have plenty to watch.  I don't watch anything else lately. 

It's been a year since Jim's passing  on the 8th. I've always kept the blog uplifting and want my followers to feel happy, upbeat and know there's life after death.  I've learned so much by going thru bereavement classes and so thankful I did. I miss Jim tremendously, but he's here with me anytime I need him just wanted to throw that out for those that aren't sure.  It's been a very rough year being totally alone for many days at a time, especially in the winter. I hate the cold and I don't get out unless  to get a massages/chiropractor appointments and groceries. I have things to do, but most of the time I'm playing computer games and watching youtube and for laughs I watch tiktok, that's hilarious, of course making my crochet critters, puzzles and learning the guitar, is always on my schedule. This winter I'll have all that and the hospice if I can get there. I won't drive on ice/snow and it's a volunteer job so it's not like I'm forced to go. I will continue the blogs as always, the next year will be about the same as last year, at least  now it's not the first of anything of not having my beloved. I made it one year, I can do it again. The peace plant from the funeral and what it looks like now. Still budding and growing with one replant to a bigger pot. (Click on the photos to enlarge). 

I've been crocheting and I also got the big puzzle done this week. I won't start another puzzle till the craft fair is over. 


I went to hospice a couple days this week to get special projects done. I also went with my bosses to lunch and then to Retirement center in Edwardsville to have them help us do some paperwork. There's nine gals that have met for five years with the hospice group. They are so fun and all widows. The topic we got to talking about was what differences the kids have today that we didn't have or visa versa. Some of us had to use an outdoor toilet, no phones, no tv's but if we had a TV no remotes. Phones with cranks, washing machines you had to crank to get access water out. No AC's but a fan with blocks of ice. We went on and on with differences. We had a great time and it was nice meeting them.  I also went to my bosses house to look at all the flower arrangements she's done for a wedding.  Nancy amongst the flowers. They're gorgeous and she's done a lot of work. 
                                            A cool small covered bridge in town. 
 Saturday was a busy day. I tried the YMCA zoom exercise class. Everyone there was older then me and I was no where close to keeping up with the other gals. I barely made it 10 minutes and the others went for 45 minutes. Nope, it's going to take awahile. It's all low impact but I was hurting and out of breath, it's a lot of work.  It's every Saturday morning at 9, and for those that know me, know that makes me get up an hour earlier then normal.  ok  ok, get out the cheese with your wine attitude. lol 

Saturday afternoon I went to sons, Frank and Angie's to see grandson and wife, Kyle and Holly. They come down from Peoria every so often to say hi and they were going to a concert in St. Louis so stayed at Frank's.  I then picked up Ruth and we went to the band competition at the O'Fallon  High School.  They hold the competition every year. Ruth and I were chaperons, way back when we lived here but still go see the band. We saw 15 bands. The stands were totally full. I have a few pictures of some of the bands. (Click on the photos to enlarge). 

                                        This band took forever to lay out. A huge plastic mat on the field and backdrops. It was crazy to put that much work into it. It took up the whole field. 

Some bands were from smaller schools. 
                                                This is the O'Fallon band, 300+ members. 
 The back drops and extra field "presentation" was huge. The bands had extra trucks carrying all the equipment. 
                                        There were different classes, This was 1, 2 and 3 classe drum majors watching   the drum corps band from Missoula University. They were quite entertaining.  
We thought it was going to rain during the later evening, but it didn't till I was almost home. We were quite lucky. It's was a long day but ended great. Next week I leave for the fifth trip. Stay tuned. 

1 comment:

Charlette said...

Thinking of you. We have been watching Itchy Boots for awhile too. Love her adventures. There is another on who just does the US on her bike, something Magpie I think.

Eclipse - Storms - Volunteer Dinner - Taxes - Painted Patio

 Shalimar, FL  (Hi  78   Lo 54)   Monday and Tuesday were the same as normal with Wii bowling, cards, and GBM zoom, diamond art and meditati...