Saturday, September 3, 2022

Doctor Visit - Visiters - Day Trip - Meeting

 Shiloh, IL  (Hi 77   Lo  66)

On Sunday I crocheted the whole day and watched storm chasers on Youtube. Lots of possible tornados in Minnesota but maybe two touched down.  We had a storm go through but nothing severe here where I am.  It was a quick one but when it went South it ended up in the sunlight, very pretty.  (Click on photos to enlarge).


Monday was my three month check up for diabetes. They have a new machine that the hospitals have been using for years and now the doctors offices are getting it to have a quicker result for A1C. I dropped .2  from 6.3 to 6.1. I'm so happy. I don't eat much and hardly any carbs. I try to walk at least a mile once a week.  

Sis came Monday for a three day visit. The first thing we did was to go to Total Wine. I wanted some new types of wines and she was looking for a specific wine. We both came out with bottles. We both needed new shoes so found a shoe store with Sketchers. We both bought a pair. We picked up a pizza on the way back and just chilled the rest of the evening.  Tuesday we went to the bakery and stocked up on donuts and goodies then headed to Grafton, IL along the River Road following the Mississippi. If you want to see more, this is a previous blog about our trip to Grafton. We figured there would be a lot of people since the weekend is the last of the summer. When we arrived there were no cars and everything even a lot of the restaurants were closed. That was very disappointing. This place is just one of many, but great food. We had a shrimp sandwich. 



There's a great store with cement figurines and several things we wanted to get. I wouldn't have a place for it but sis does. They were closed but sis was thinking of going back when it's open.  (Addition: she went back on the weekend)

                                     


                                             My sister (Doris) checking out which one to get. 
We got back and just had a fish sandwich for dinner, just not real hungry. We watched TV and talked the rest of the evening. 

Wednesday morning we were both up early. We took our time with breakfast then went shopping for a few things. I dropped off a box of wine glasses that I haven't used in a year. I doubt if I'll ever have parties so wanted the cupboard space. We went to a couple places then bbq for lunch and back home. Sis left about 2:00. She wanted to get to Missouri before the traffic got bad. 

Thursday I worked at hospice. I had a volunteer mandatory meeting to go to and met with several women. One has a zoom exercise class on Saturday mornings. I'm going to join her on the 10th. She's also involved with the YMCA which as a senior group. I'll check that out and see how much and what's involved. It doesn't hurt to check. Four of the volunteers brought their dogs which are trained to visit patients. We heard stories on how much the dogs do for them. 

I did a couple hours of work and came home. I did my mile walk then just relaxed the rest of the night. 

Friday I went back to hospice to help with a big project. It's all computer work and the one lady can't type fast and wanted me to input a lot of info. I was there a couple hours and will go back on Tuesday after she gets approval from her boss on all the info. The copier is running out of ink so that needs to be bought/installed before I do 400 copies. There's so much behind the scenes to do and I'm loving it. 

I had a friend come from Virginia where she's working to stop in for an overnighter on the way to Kansas City. Shelly used to babysit our kids and stayed with us awhile in the military time frame. Her family lived a couple doors down while we were at Travis AFB, CA. It's always great to see her. I forgot to take a pic together for the first time in all the years and times we got together. I love seeing the difference on what we look like thru the years. We had a great breakfast at IHOP before she left to continue her trip. 

Just a tidbit. This reindeer is the project of this week. 
Our son, Rick,  sent me this picture of the dog, Ramsey and him in the Mustang. 
I'm in the apartment till Tuesday then another week of activities. Happy Labor Day weekend!!

1 comment:

Rick Cochrane said...

Hi Dee good post

Easy Going Week - Birthday Party - Tornado Outbreak

 Sharlimar, FL   (Hi 78 Lo 66) It was a normal quieter week than last week. The normal schedule was Wii bowling Monday and Wednesday morning...