Saturday, August 20, 2022

End of Trip 4 Visiting RV'ers - City Homecoming

 Shiloh, IL (Hi 81   Lo 65)

Sunday morning the whole family went to breakfast and I left to come home by 10:30.  Rick, Evan, Jack, Tammy, Luke, Dee                                                                             

There was very little traffic which made it a really nice four hour trip to Carlinville, IL and an hour out from home.  I stopped at Ken and Cindy's for the night and left Monday late afternoon.  We met these two at the RV-Dreams rally and have been friends ever since. They bought land in the middle of wooded area and Ken is making trails with the four runner. It's hilly and deep gullies with the Macoupin creek running to the Illinois River right through their property. They have a pull behind trailer which is for guests and it brought back my full time RV'ing memories. We sat by the creek awhile on Monday and went to town for lunch. Here's some photos which you can click and enlarge. 

Dee, Cindy and Ken
                                        Their cat, Tipsy, wanted to catch birds at the birdfeeder. 
                                        Ken on the Quad with Tweeter always closeby.
                                            Sitting by the creek, Cindy and Dee

                                            Breakfast was great! Thanks Ken and Cindy. 
                                            The barn made into living quarters and RV housing in the winter. 
                                            Silo made into a gazebo.
                                               I wish you could hear the creek "babbling". 
Tweener loves the water and was having a good time. 
I left about 4 on Monday evening and got home in time for my zoom meeting with the GBM gals. We support each other and tell what we did thru the week. I unpacked on Tuesday morning and had my monthly massage and chiropractor appointment. 

Thursday I worked at hospice. They had a lot for me to do since it was two weeks since I've been there. I love the variety I do while there. I left about 1:30 which is a little later then normal. The taco truck came to the apartments so had a delicious bbq taco not one but three with corn that had a super great topping. 

Saturday I went to the City of O'Fallon Homecoming parade. In The late 90's we lived here for 12 years and there were several celebrations to bring the city residents together. This was one of the celebrations they still do which is homecoming weekend. It started yesterday (Friday) but I wanted to see how different they do things and the parade so went with Ruth for the evening. Nothing is the same. They added a car show, some more rides and  the entertainment was really good with some band. I  didn't get the name. Here's a few pictures. I was chairman of floats back then and now there were very few. 
                                                    Good attendance along the route.

                                           The O'Fallon band which both our kids were in way back then. 




                                           Haven't seen one of these in a very long time. 
             Pretty good food and the tent was handy with the rain shower we got after the parade
                                            Lot's of people. 


It's been a great week. I loved being away. I have two more trips to go before winter sets in. 

1 comment:

Debbie V. said...

My parents were from southern Illinois (Franklin/Williamson county area) so I have had the chance to see some very pretty places there in past years. Ferne Clyffe comes to mind and Giant City park come to mind. I should try to drive over there in the fall.
Sound like a wonderful week. I am jealous :)

Quick Trip - Memories of Jim - Son's Birthday - Sports

Aurora, IL  (Hi 60  Lo  48) Saturday  to (Hi 88 to Lo 51) Shalimar, FL  (Hi  77 Lo 70) Rick, our youngest son surprised me with airline tick...