Saturday, May 28, 2022

Tiny Puzzle - Saying Goodbye - Visit Sis - Hospice - Movie

 Shiloh, IL  (Hi  68  Lo 58)

Saturday Lessie and Ed  and I went downtown O'Fallon for a strawberry festival. They had vendors down the streets and lots of goodies and even a small music group. It was great but a storm was coming in so we went to the bakery to pick up some goodies and raced back to the car just in time before the storm came. I had to pull off the road on the way home because I couldn't see the road and the lightening was really bad there was also hail. When we got home we stayed in the rest of day. While Lessie and Ed stayed with me we did a puzzle. It took a day and half to do this 1000 piece scenic puzzle. 

Lessie had a little 250 piece puzzle that I put together. The pieces are almost microscope their so little. 

Sunday I took Ed and Lessie back to the train station for their return to the RV in Texas. It was a wonderful couple days and I'll miss them. It's not goodbye, it's see you on down the road.  I got gas in St. Louis area before heading home. It's $4.89 in Illinois and $4.29 just across the bridge in Missouri. I may just have to cross the bridge when I need gas, it's worth it.  

Monday morning I went to my sisters about an hour away west of St. Louis. It wasn't raining and the trip went smooth just had to dodge the thousands of trucks and potholes.  I hadn't seen here since Jim's funeral in September. Her hubby and her go to Florida in the winter and I didn't this year.  One thing sis taught her dog, Carley, was to sing. All she says is sing Carley and she starts in. My sis is singing in the background to help her along. 

Doris, Carley and Herm watching TV.  (Click on the photos to enlarge.) 
They do a walk everyday and Carley loves to get into mud puddles. So Doris has to wipe and clean off paws. 
Tuesday we went to a couple wineries. Missouri has some great wineries. We had a couple in mind so sis headed to highway 94. It's a very pretty drive and there's tons of wineries along the road. We did find one that had a lunch place, Mount Pleasant,  so we could eat before drinking.  






Doris and neighbor that went with us, Sandy. 
This was a bird made with metal on the way to the winery. 

We went to the second winery and they have weekend parties. It was a cozy little place, Blumenhof Winery,  and they have great wine.
We made it back to sisters before any rain came in. I left on Wednesday morning and watched the weather closely so I'd be back to my place before the storms hit. Later in the afternoon we both had stormy weather. It was another great visit. 

Thursday I worked (volunteered) at  hospice. It's my fourth week and they seem to be pleased on how well and fast I can get things done. I do the little things that keeps the office staff off the mundane jobs like copies and doing mailings. I get to be with someone and it's not a hard job to do so less stress. I'm also not into the politics of the company. 

Friday I went with Frank to Springfield, IL to the theatre to meet up with grandson and his wife, Kyle and Holly to see Top Gun. I'm not giving anything away about the movie except to say it's super great! We saw the original and this one tops it. Our grandson is a movie critic and sees about everyone of them that come out. He's saying it's the best of the year so far. 
Kyle, Holly, Dee, Frank
Springfield is about an hour and half from where we live, so it was about 11:30 by the time I got home. It was a great ending to the week. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whew. You were busy. I'm thinking if I lived in Illinois close to Missouri I would be crossing the bridge too. Phyllis

No WIFI - Painting - Yard Cleanup - Pensacola

 Shalimar, FL  (Hi 79   Lo 61)  We changed to daylight savings time on Sunday. Moving up an hour doesn't bother me as much as moving bac...