Friday, May 6, 2022

New Toy - More Storms - RVing Visitors - Volunteering

 Shiloh, IL (Hi 58    Lo 55)

I'm still working on the acoustic guitar but I put my son on the alert for an electric guitar if he found a good deal to let me know. He went to the guitar store for something he needed and found a Fender Stratocaster. The reason for the change is it's easier to play and I have a shoulder that shoots out pain trying to play the wide acoustic. This one is so much easier to play and my arm doesn't hurt. I even learned a couple riffs to play. I'm happy. 

It's so much easier to work with. 
This week was storms. I followed Ryan Hall on youtube and several storm chasers. It's going to continue for at least another week. We're getting rain for the next couple days, and may continue for the next week. No sun here and in the 50's. 

I thought we were going to get severe weather but it split going north and south. I did catch a rainbow. 
I'm also watching youtube when the chasers aren't out and about. I found the NASA channel with the International Space Station (ISS). Almost every pass for this week has been gorgeous Northern Light display. The views from there are breathtaking. (Click on the photos to enlarge to read where it's located). 
SUNRISE  The lights on top is from reflection on the TV. 




Thursday our RV'ing friends came to see me. They are the couple we saw when we first got to the area the end of May last year. This month is the year mark that Jim was having so much trouble talking. Ken and Cindy were the last of our friends so hear Jim speak. This is last years picture because I forgot to take one this time. I'll get one when I visit them in a few weeks. We had a great lunch at 54th Street Bar and Grill. That's my go to place to eat out. I love their food. 
I started working at hospice on Thursday. It's a smaller place and no patients. The office is for volunteers and nurses that visit patients in their homes. I stuffed envelopes and postage this week and will be making copies of letters next week. It's the things we get to do as volunteers that help the paid people do their work. I did that at the beginning in Florida. I'm going to really like. It's every Thursday 10:30 to 1:30. nice hours and still gets me out and with other people. 

I got another puzzle done. This one only took 6 days but I didn't work on it very long hours a day this time. It was a lot easier and I liked the break of getting it done quicker, plus is was only 750 pieces.  If you look closely, there's a tiny piece to the left at the bottom. That doesn't belong to this puzzle. 
This week should be busier. Stay tuned and we'll see what trouble I can get into. 

No comments:

Electronics Assistants - Birthday Party - Sing-a-long

  Shalimar, FL    (Hi   80  Lo  65) Sunday was so much fun and a learning experience. About 15 school kids came in to help residents with ce...