Friday, April 29, 2022

Special Zoom - Track Meet -Big Trip Planned - Menopausal Weather - Critters

Shiloh, IL (Hi 71    Lo 61)

Monday was a special zoom with the GBM (Glioblastoma) group with my "boss" from hospice. Nancy has been a teacher of death and dying for 22 years and was the guest speaker at the zoom meeting. Topic  was on being stuck in life after a death of a loved one. She had some great ideas and we were glad to have her give us some insight. 

Tuesday, Ruth wanted to go see her grandson in Alton in the track meet which was a competition of several junior high students. It's about an hour to the school and I had nothing going on so went with her. It's a nice trip by the Missisippi River up to Alton. We got there about 1:30 and it was over by 7:00. We stopped on the way home at Chick fil a for some dinner then to my place to work on the last of the Albuquerque balloon fest tickets. There's two sessions a day morning and evening. We had to get bus to and from the park plus the entry. It took some time to go over the list of what we wanted to see then choose if we wanted morning or evening. When we say morning it's 5:30am and the night is late at 10:00. So we decided morning on one day and evening the next day. It's all done, now we wait for October. (Click on photo to enlarge). 

Our weather is nuts. It has been high 30's during the night and mornings and go to mid 70's during the day. We had one day at 82 then back to 40's. Now we have two weeks of storms and rain. You know where I am, in front of the TV with storm chasers. I think I have them all on subscribe to get all notices. It's my time for crocheting and watching for their posts and live shots. I feel better about radars showing one thing and that's not what's happening on the ground. It's menopausal winter never know from one minute to the next what it will be doing. 

Thursday I went to our son's for his birthday. The party we had was a couple weeks ago, but Thursday was his actual birthday. I had dinner with them then visited and he showed me more stuff on the guitar and I played his electric guitar, which is quite easier (I knew that before getting mine). I'm still working on it and fun to learn the chords then putting them together. Just takes practice and some sore fingers. I got him a tiny guitar with San Francisco 49ers.

There's all kinds of critters in the ponds that are showing up. The egret is here about every other day and yesterday while walking around the ponds there was a big family of baby ducks with mama. The egret makes me feel like I'm back in Florida with the egrets that were always in the lake. This one must have followed me. 


The other critters is what I call my crochet items. I worked a couple days on a family of ducks for the craft fair. I gave them "character". 
It took four months to get this puzzle done. All colors about the same with kitties. It's 1000 pieces and if you touch them they fall apart. I like the stronger puzzles, but this one was a douzy.
Severe weather was in Kansas and Nebraska tonight (Friday) and I watched the storm chasers the whole evening. Andover, KS was hit pretty hard.  There may be more severe storms coming east this week. 

1 comment:

Phyllis said...

You got me thinking of doing puzzles again. But where would I keep it. Now it just occurred to me. Having the front porch enclosed and a small table out there. Perfect ! You do keep busy Dee.

Indian Flute Festival - Cinco de Mayo

 Shalimar, FL   (Hi   78   Lo  71) Sunday I went with Lois and Debbie to the Native American Musical Echoes Flute Festival. It was windy and...