Friday, April 22, 2022

Easter - Shopping - Stormchasers

 Shiloh, IL (Hi, 81  Lo 64)

Is it finally warming up? For real? Ok, maybe for a couple days before the winter hits us again. Someone this week called it menopaused weather. 

Sunday: Easter was rough after having a lot of people and things to do over the weekend then empty and loneliness came back. I did go out to lunch with Frank, Angie and Sherri, then back home. I tried to stay busy, but it was the emptiness that you have to fight. I'm not complaining, just stating a fact. I made it past another holiday. 

Tuesday:  I went shopping at dollar general which  was an eye opener, There were a lot of carts with goods on them in every isle but no one to stock the shelves. 



If I was younger I would have asked to hire me NOW to work on it, but I can't lift and just seeing the labels is difficult. It was a mess but I found most of the important things I needed, milk, bread and eggs. I can get the other stuff at another store later this month. It's amazing that people don't want to work. I got my haircut and they only had three people to work in the place for a week. The hairdresser said people took advantage of the Covid and went back to school or to other jobs that paid more. The older people that did the haircuts retired. Sad. 

Thursday and Friday:  I followed a couple storm chasers that were in Kansas following storms. I love these people. They are in the car with phones and lots of communication equipment to report back to NWS or anyone on the channel for severe storms and tornadoes. I'm happy with all the technology they can now broadcast in real time. I found a couple people that are amazing Ryan Hall and Reed Timmer. Here's a couple photos of what they captured on Thursday. 






There's not always a tornado, but the main fun is the photos and the chase. It's exciting and keeps me busy. They're on youtube which I put to the big screen TV.  I love today's technology. Radars can tell what might be happening, but when you have a storm chaser they can tell for sure what's happening with tornadoes. Ryan Hall Yall is the youtube connection and if he's live (or his team) it will say live in the corner. 

I've had a few people ask about the guitar playing. I'm still learning chords and doing better at it. I have a couple riffs that I can play but my fingers are still weak and have pain in the right shoulder holding the guitar. It's a fill in for when I'm not crocheting, walking (when weather is nice) and working on a puzzle.  I did get two cardinals done for the craft fair. 
It looks like more storms this week. If I don't find something else to do, I'll be crocheting and watching the storm chasers. 

2 comments:

Jim and Sandie said...

I, too, made it through Easter but had a huge meltdown on Good Friday. Sometimes the loneliness wins. Glad you are keeping busy. Your cardinals are so cute.

Mark from Missouri said...

"menopaused weather", that's for sure in your neck of the woods. In Kansas City it changed on a dime, depending how much made it over the Rookies and across the plains. Is is not funny how when living in an RV you become one with the weather, even learning where the storm patterns are depending on the season. St. Louis is a gardening zone better than Kansas City so you don't get the winter for as long as KC.

Sorry you, and Sandie, have to go through the holidays and lonely times. I saw my mom do the same when dad died and now my friends are going through it. Mom went to work at the garden center of a local hardware store who sent young people out to do whatever she needed. She was a good salesman and loved the job. A couple weeks before she died she told me she was really going to miss working at the nursery.

Can't wait to get to your area in the RV. Expect to spend as much time as you want enjoying the park with us if you are filling up to the drive.

Mark

Summer Agenda - Changes in Schedule - Council - Pour Painting

 Shalimar, FL  (Hi  83  Lo  64) This is the last week before the summer agenda. The bowling has ended till August and different summer activ...