Thursday, December 23, 2021

Merry Christmas - Jefferson Barracks - Our Lady of the Snows Shrine - Lights


To all my friends and family. I wish you a Happy New Year 2022

I never know what to put in the blog, but I'm very upfront on feelings and what's going on for two reasons, it may help someone else and it's a recall blog for when I re-read them later. This year's Christmas will be totally different without my love. Covid seems to be on the up rise again, or so says the media, I don't hear anything about it in town and with all the traffic for shopping and restaurants being packed I don't see a problem. I've stayed in this week except for a massage and chiropractor appointment on Monday. I have arthritis in neck and shoulders and both people keep me moving.  

I'm going to put in several pictures, you can click on them to enlarge.

Saturday we went to Jefferson Barracks to lay a wreath on Jim's grave. It was a day when volunteers were laying as many wreaths as possible. The traffic was slow and a lot but we didn't wait long, it seemed to move smoothly. 

Jim is located in a great area on a hill under four trees. I will be buried with him as it's planned now. 
                                            Looking up to the grave. 
                                            Looking down from his grave. You probably can't see it but there's a deer in front of the building to the right. 


                                            His view to the right. 
                                            Kendall held  few wreaths to place on other graves. 
We went to lunch nearby then went back home. It was a windy cloudy day but not real cold and no snow. 

Later in the evening a friend, Ruth, picked me up and we went to Our Lady of the Snows Shrine. I used to work there when we lived here in the 80's. It was dark and nothing looked familiar except a few markers. They do a great job of decorating. 


Full moon peaking in the middle








One of the buildings had artwork, decorated trees, wreaths and a Lego display. 

                                                All Legos

                                Lego city 






The displays were worthwhile to see. Lots of talent. 

We then went thru a neighborhood to see what lights people used. I posted the best picture.  People don't decorate like we did as a kid. The older folks can't do it anymore and the younger ones aren't interested. Another sign of the times. 
I've been on zoom four nights this week. I'm with the gals that have lost husbands from glioblastoma cancer of the brain, or their caretakers.We discussed what works and what doesn't. What we wished we'd do differently and giving out ideas. We laugh, we cry, we're all needing or giving support. It's the holidays and all of us are in this together. 

I talk about the weather, mainly to see it later when I wonder how cold it gets. I'm used to warm sunshine of Florida the past five years. We had frost this week and on Christmas day it's suppose to be 68. No wonder people have colds up here. It changes drastically in just a few hours or days. 
I'll blog next week about Christmas day. The full wrap up of 2021 will also be in the next blog. Stay tuned.  Thanks again for all the support from so many people. 

4 comments:

owensontheroad said...

What lovely lights. Our neighbors all go crazy decorating with lights, even Halloween and Thanksgiving. We just wrap white lights around a mock plum in the front yard. Just perfect. Glad you have family and friends to spend the holiday with. Merry Christmas from George and me.

Jim and Sandie said...

I hope your Christmas is filled with beautiful memories and peace. I want to thank you for sharing your experience with us. And I'm glad you have a support group to laugh and cry with. Merry Christmas from the Dixons.

Molly and Bob said...

Wishing you a blessed Christmas Dee. 🎄🎄❤️❤️💙💙❤️❤️

Mark from Missouri said...

Merry Christmas Dee.

Electronics Assistants - Birthday Party - Sing-a-long

  Shalimar, FL    (Hi   80  Lo  65) Sunday was so much fun and a learning experience. About 15 school kids came in to help residents with ce...