Friday, December 31, 2021

Christmas Day - New Year 2022

 Shiloh, IL (Hi 63  Lo 56)

                HAPPY NEW YEAR 2022

Christmas day was full of fun and laughter. I went to Frank's (older son) about 9am and had a great egg casserole breakfast that Frank made. The grandkids, Kyle with wife Holly, Kendall, and Angie (Frank's wife) her mom Sherri opened gifts. They buy all thru the year so have a ton of gifts to open. They do one at a time which makes it fun to see what everyone gets.  (Click on photos to enlarge)


                                        I made pillows from Jim's shirts. The boys loved them. That was hard to do without a lot of tears. They were made with lots of love. 
                                                Holly, Kyle and Kendall In their Christmas jammies.
We decided to watch a movie on Netflix, Don't Look UP instead of going out to see one. That's a great movie, a spoof on politics. We then made ginger bread houses as a competition. I've always wanted to make one and glad I didn't buy one. It's not as easy as you'd think it would be. 
                                            Angie and Frank's turned out really cute
                                                       Kendall was my partner, we got it to stand for a few minutes before it all fell apart. 

This one was Kyle and Holly, they're the winners
After all the fun with the houses we loaded up and went to the Chinese buffet restaurant. They had a special for Christmas and the food was great. We had a good visit then I said goodbye and went on home. It was a wonderful day and so glad not to be alone. 

I got some really great gifts. 

Christmas eve I was still in bed but awake and had a knock on the door. An older guy handed me this bouquet. What a surprise. It's from Rick  (younger son) and Tammy (his girlfriend). They smell so good and they're beautiful!  They called a few minutes later and we had a great visit on the phone, Thank you so much you two. 
This is other gifts I received.   


My motif in the living room is Indian. This pillow fits right in. 


I wanted to start a puzzle and get back to making them so I took down the Christmas decorations put them in the utility and laid out my next puzzle. I have several I can do. I'm also back to crocheting. I've given it some thought about maybe getting a guitar. If I can learn it I can play with Frank as he also plays. I'm doing a lot of youtube to learn the strings (names) and chords. I have never learned chords even though I played the piano for years. It's a thought and that's for 2022. This is the puzzle I did in two days. It was challenging enough to be fun and easy enough not to pull out my hair. 
Recap for 2021:  I reread the blog and picked out the highlights. We were suppose to go to Rome in November. It was canceled because of Covid, but Jim would have died before we went. I'm so glad that was canceled when we did. I had to take a lot of our plans from the calendar for 2022. It's all blank now.  God watches over us.  It was a very bad year from the middle of May to September. It's like a blur. If interested and your a new reader, just look on the right side of this blog and find blog archive. Start with May 2021 thru  September. 

I can't believe how much things have changed. I went from warm comfortable Florida to Illinois in a two day period. When Jim was diagnosed with Glioblastoma,  I knew there was no going back. I knew right away I couldn't afford the place in Florida and I couldn't mentally take staying there without Jim. It sold with almost everything in it. With the help of friends and my sister I moved what was essential to Illinois. Now that was a story in itself with movers what a nightmare. I look back and have no idea how I did it. Thank you to all for the prayers which was a big deal at the time. Thank you to Lessie, Ed and Doris for the support and lots of tears. I'm now in Illinois for good, maybe. 

On to 2022. It has to be better. The grief will get less so they tell me and a new life, new area and new health care is the new norm. I was going to make a new year's resolution, but knowing me, I'll drop it in a couple days so no use even thinking about it.  I have no idea what's ahead, but I'm close to our oldest son. I'll continue the blog as it's very useful to check back to it. It's also therapeutic. Several things will be nonexistent as cruising, traveling, and little things we used to do together. I'm hoping to get thru the winter with very little problems. I'm staying if it snows. I have zoom with other Glioblastoma widows which has been very helpful. I'll have puzzles, crocheting and maybe a guitar. I'll check with the city community center for meeting other people once winter is over (and covid under control).  
Follow on the blog. I'll continue to post. Happy New Year 2022. 

Addition:  I spent the evening until 11:00 ct with our son Frank and Angie and Sherri. It was great being with someone.  

2 comments:

Phyllis said...

You are doing remarkably well. I wish you peace, contentment and some fun too for the new year.

Nancy and Bill said...

Glad you had this Holiday with family!!! The shirt pillow you made the boys are so SPECIAL...never saw that before, but what a great gift!!! Keep moving forward one step at a time...Happy New Year!!!!!!

St. Patrick's Day - Council Meeting - Concert

 Shalimar, FL   (Hi  63  Lo 47)    I'VE BEEN ASKED THAT THE FONT IT TOO SMALL. JUST DO A CONTROL +  AND IT WILL ENLARGE. CONTROL   -(min...