Saturday, September 5, 2026

What Would You Like - New Light Setup - Lounge V1

 Shalimar, FL   (Hi 91    Lo 76)

I'd like you're opinion on the blog. I have had this blog for many years and over 3100 done. Jim passed away five years ago on Tuesday this week. I usually did the blog, he would correct it since he did so much writing in the Air Force. My faithful followers now has the decision, time to change or keep it the same to keep up with everyone else that's still posting.  (I'm not saying I'll do either, change or keep), but would love to hear which way should I go. ;-)

I finished the puzzle this week. I think I'll go back to the two lighthouses yet to make. 

One of my neighbors came over with some bluetooth plugs. We worked on getting two lights to come on with the phone so I can turn them on when I'm not home or coming in from the lounge and not walk into a dark room or keeping the lights on for hours at a time. We got them working, that's going to be so neat!  I love technology. 

I have to put something funny to listen to in your spare time. Henry Cho Reels on Facebook. If I need a laugh, I watch him or cat reels. Just thought I'd throw that out there. 

This week besides the normal WII bowling, diamond art, wellness class, crochet group, eight zoom meetings,  I had my monthly massage and chiropractor appointment. I was hoping neither of them would be late because I wanted to go to Passport which is visiting (by youtube) to Mexico meeting in the ballroom. I made it on time and it covered a lot of Mexico highlights. 
There's a good chance you'll pick out the music from Mexico, it's got it's own flavor. 
Also the great food you can get and a lot of it is now in the USA. 

I  went to lunch with a couple of gals. Again, we went to one place and they were closed for the holiday weekend, so we went back to Sugar Mill Sweets, we could get sandwiches, soup and great desserts. That's usually our fall back when a place is closed. 

There was a group from WiseWaves Technologies to talk about advanced technology with phones and computers.
 It was a great one hour learning what's new in tech stuff.  One fact that's scary, according to the FBI's Internet Crime Complaint Center  2025 Internet Crime Report, adults age 60 and older filed more than 201,000 complaints, with reported losses exceeding $7.7 billion.  That's a lot of loss.  Please don't give money to anyone you don't know. It's happened several times in our community. 

I also went to the commissary for the first time in a long time. It makes my heart jump seeing the military guys and gals, there weren't many around.  It was Friday 4pm, traffic was very light, very few cars in the parking lot.  It might be because every had left for the holiday weekend.  I had the Friday zoom in the car to start with and once home switched to the PC. 

The monthly meeting for the village was Saturday morning and we had 22 people in our newly decorated lounge.  Here's the result. 










It looks clean and up to date. Good job to the organizers. We can comfortably seat more people.

We had another great time at social hour in the evening. I had another unexpected zoom meeting and the nightly chat. It's a good way to end another great week at Bob Hope Village.  



No comments:

What Would You Like - New Light Setup - Lounge V1

 Shalimar, FL   (Hi 91    Lo 76) I'd like you're opinion on the blog. I have had this blog for many years and over 3100 done. Jim pa...