Shalimar, FL (Hi 90 Lo 76)
I had someone tell me the comments did not work on the blog. I think it's all changed and they should show up. Make a comment and we'll see if it goes through. Thank you to all the readers and yes, I'll continue with the blog and make a few little changes to the side when I get the time.
Labor Day was a fun one. We decided with the high temps to just order chicken from Publix. Everyone loves it and with 30 people in attendance it worked out great! We had some wonderful food for sides. Thank you everyone. (Click to enlarge photos).
Tuesday was Jim's passing five years ago. I thought the days would be easier as time passes, but the gals here say it never will. Being married 51 years it takes another lifetime to learn to live differently. I miss him, and some days are worse then others, but with the support from a LOT of widows around me, I made it through the day with only a few crying spells. One of my favorite pictures while traveling in the RV.
Extra things: I finished my lighthouse puzzle and so did Del. We're done with all eight of them, FINALLY. We have another puzzle to put out this weekend but NOT a lighthouse.
Del and I forgot to take a picture when it was done. But you get the idea.
Thursday another resident gave the end of life affairs seminars. He did more of the legal end of things that need to be done. It was great turning it over to him. He's planning on doing a seminar every three months. There's so much to do and it changes every week.
Friday was totally different than I had PLANNED! I was awake all night with thunder. I never sleep well with storms. Even here I think we may have a tornado and it's probable with water spouts from the gulf. I doubt if one would come up as far as I am, but no guarantees. I didn't wake up til 9:00 and the coffee talk was today at 10. No way can I move that fast and it was still rainy which makes no difference in getting to the meeting, but just too lazy. I had a call from sis that was an hour, which was great. Then a zoom for three hours with some friends. I didn't go to happy hour either. It was a stay at home day and I took advantage of it.
My neighbor moved today and now we're going to get a new one. There's been a lot of different people moved in our little village one.
No comments:
Post a Comment