Friday, November 12, 2021

Craft Fair - Band Show - A Funny - Tidbits

 Shiloh, Il  (Hi 51  Lo  31)  

THANK YOU EVERYONE THAT HAS SUPPORTED ME IN THE PAST COUPLE MONTHS. I REALLY APPREACIATE IT. It's been great to have friends. 

Saturday I went to the high school craft fair. They had those when we lived here for 12 years. Both of our kids were in band all four years of high school. I helped as a band chaperone and one of the functions was the yearly craft fair. There were vendors in the gym, maybe 50 back then. This one had 400+ vendors and they were in all the big rooms available and down the hallways. I was amazed at the crafts. People are so good coming up with ideas. There was nothing like I do with crocheting. It will take me years to make enough to sell in a craft fair that big. I'll start working on it. The place was packed and masks were required. (Click on the pictures to enlarge). 






Most of the crafts were for outside or for a big house. Great decorations. I have a very small apartment and I didn't see anything I could use or even gifts that I thought anyone would like. I basically have all men to buy for which wouldn't be a craft idea. I stayed over two and half hours. 

Friday night I went with our son to the band show. They were headed for Indianapolis for the regionals and I wanted to see the show they were practicing. They have changed so much from when the kids were in band. It was a night of memories and they did a terrific job. 






Now for tidbits of this week. I went shopping at Menards for a puzzle I saw advertised for $6.23. That's cheap for puzzles and couldn't pass it up. I didn't find the one I really wanted (it was sold) but found two others that would be fun to do. I took them to the register and it wrung up the full price. I got a manager (teenager) and showed her the sticker on the shelf. It was dated 11/13.  She said the 13th is the end date so that's why it's full price. I looked at her and said 11/10 is BEFORE 13, so it's still on sale. At first she gave me a funny look like disbelief, then realized yep it's ok, so she went to the counter and I got a refund for the difference. Kids!!!

 I notice the store shelves are getting supplied. The grocery store had the items I needed and the Christmas stuff are filling up in the stores. The 24/7 shipping is working. 

I'm still waiting on funds to get straightened out and was told from VA that Jim's last eight days probably won't be deposited till December and maybe January. There's other funds still not deposited yet. I hear it takes months to get back to a new normal when losing a spouse. It's a waiting game.  

There's a lot of differences living in the midwest rather than in Florida. My skin is dry, my eyes are dry and so is my hair. In Florida it's humid most of the time, not here. It's only in hot summer months with the higher humidity here in the central USA. It's just something to get used to. 

I broke down and got a toaster oven that broils, toasts, bakes and air fryer. I made fish on the air fryer and it was excellent. I'm loving it, so small and I don't have to heat up the big oven. A Hamilton oven. 
I crocheted Christmas shark slippers. I usually don't do yarn anymore, but I hope these fits. I still have plenty of orders and gifts to make. 
                    This is what it looks like when you're wearing them. They're for a child so not as big as the second picture. 
Our weatherman said the trees are in full color. We're getting rain and maybe snow this weekend, so it may be over by Monday. It's gorgeous. 
I had a friend over tonight (Friday) and we had pizza. It was great visiting. 

4 comments:

owensontheroad said...

I do miss fall colors. We don't get many changing colors in Salinas. Love the shark slippers!

Kris said...

Those shark slippers are adorable. I'm buried with paperwork and grief :( my list of phone calls to make overwhelms me but I work on them each morning. Good to see you're taking good care of yourself. I've lined up my appts too (reg.dr, eye dr, and dentist) needing to get caught up. I hope you can make that trip to visit your sister and soak up some warmer weather. Hugs

Becky Pfeiffer said...

Love the slippers. You are lucky because 24/7 shipping isn't working in most places and wait until you get your heat bill.

Ruth said...

Very glad to see you are getting out and about. That toaster makes more sense for a single person rather than use a full size oven.
I love those slippers. I think a child would be very pleased to receive them. Take care.

Easy Going Week - Birthday Party - Tornado Outbreak

 Sharlimar, FL   (Hi 78 Lo 66) It was a normal quieter week than last week. The normal schedule was Wii bowling Monday and Wednesday morning...