Friday, November 5, 2021

Missing my Friend - Making Soup - New ID - Haircut

 Shiloh, IL  (Hi  54   Lo 28)

I'm missing Jim the most when I want to go someplace and can't find someone to go with me to share the fun or sights.  Saturday and Sunday it was predicted to see the Northern lights this far South. I tried to find a couple to go with me just to watch the sky so I could watch the road. I ended up going alone. I went north for a few miles and didn't see anything so came back home. It ended up being a bust on both nights but I tried. That's one of the things that I have to get used to, not having someone to do crazy things with, sure is hard. 

Sunday was a soup day. Angie (daughter-in-law) had her mom over, Sherri, and I for make a soup dinner. We brought all our ingredients and sat and talked while the soup was ready to eat. I made taco soup, Sherri made hobo soup, and Angie had cheese potato soup. We had some to take home to freeze. 

I finally got a haircut. It's been months and it was getting way to long. I'm getting out getting groceries and a few shopping stuff. I also took the car to the shop with Frank's help back and forth to get the hydraulics on the hatch back changed. They didn't fit so now trying to get them sent back. It's very hard getting the right size. I'll just deal with it since I don't use it very often. It won't go down without force. 

I spent the cold days crocheting. It's too cold to get out and walk and this is still fall. I did get three more snowmen done. Each one is a bit different. 


Tuesday was a special day, which I've been worried about for weeks. My military ID had to be changed now that Jim is gone. I have not had one thing go right and thought this last big "deal" would be hard to do. I found the building on base, thanks to being there when we lived here, and my appointment was on time. I got the card with new picture with no problems. It's the last one I'll get now. It's a forever till death or marriage card. I was thrilled there was no problems, plus now I have health insurance with no interruptions. It was a good day. 

I'm still working on a few problems. I made a dentist appointment (already went), but I got the bill this week. The insurance didn't pay but 1% of the bill, so I called. The dentist is OUT OF NETWORK, what?  I had called them to see if they would take my insurance and they said yes, but I SHOULD have asked are you IN NETWORK with insurance. Live and learn. Now trying to find another dentist that's in network. I think everything else is working out. Social Security is still a question, but that's not till next week to see if it comes into the bank.  This has basically been a slow week, but it's been in the 20's at night and 50 or less during the day. I'm still crocheting. 

3 comments:

anonymous said...

It's nice to hear that so many things are going well for you.I know it's hard when you miss your husband, mine passed away too almost ten years ago and I still miss him. You and I were blessed to have such love in our lives.-Mary

Anonymous said...

It's nice to hear you getting out and about as hard as it is. The soups looked delicious! Just what you need on those cold days. The snowmen are adorable 😍 You do such beautiful work. You're always in our thoughts and prayers 🙏 Sue and James

Lorne Green (A Place Called Away) said...

Glad you are getting out and about. This will be a slow process but you will make it. Always thinking of you and your name comes up often around the bonfires as we visit with old friends.

Indian Flute Festival - Cinco de Mayo

 Shalimar, FL   (Hi   78   Lo  71) Sunday I went with Lois and Debbie to the Native American Musical Echoes Flute Festival. It was windy and...