Saturday, December 14, 2019

RV-Dreams Mini Rally - Movie - Hospice Party

Auburndale, FL (Hi 75  Lo 67)

This week was another busy one and lots of fun.  The RV-Dreams mini rally was Sunday. It's for anyone in the area that is an RV'er and had seminars from Howard and Linda who started the RV-Dreams in 2008.  If you've ever wondered what full time rv'ing is all about check out the blog from RV-Dreams (click here).  We had several people come that we haven't seen in a few years and met several new people that are now fulltime. The stories were great on what people have experienced. (Click on the photos to enlarge)
This is the group.

Linda and Howard



They changed our lives and we have been very thankful we spent seven years full time in an RV. We got a pavilion at the Lake Parker Park in Lakeland. It was first come first serve so we got there early to get a great spot. We stayed till 5:00 just visiting everyone. Then went out for dinner with another couple.
I  hope we do it again next year. I didn't realize we had change of colors in the trees in the area, but as the sun came up it was really pretty where we were sitting.

Tuesday we went to a movie  Knives Out. What a great movie, starring Daniel Craig. He didn't play a character anything like "James Bond".  It's a great movie and we'd suggest it for families, but it's a who dun it so maybe older kids would be fine. Pay attention and see if you get the person that "dun it".

Tuesday night was the HOA meeting. There were very few that went and we didn't have a quorum to vote on anything. As usual there's things going on in the communities that have legal matters that need attention.

Wednesday was a full day. The weekly morning coffee meeting which was the same as the HOA meeting the night before. A lot more people go there's free donuts and coffee.  I had a doctors appointment to go over lab work. I'm in good standing. I even dropped one tenth of point in the sugar level which means if I continue with less carb diet I can maybe bring it down more. I'm fighting on not going on insulin and if diet will do that so be it. I do miss my mash potatoes.  Tuesday night I played Bunco. I played that game when we first moved here. It's not my favorite so quit, but was called to substitute for another gal that couldn't make it. There were several subs since a lot of people  have gone north for the holidays.

Thursday I finished a dragon that I have been working on for five days. It's an order along with several other items I've been working on.

My first try on the eagle.



While I'm on crafts. A gal in the community is helping with lap afghans for Hospice vets. I love the USA and the others she did this month. Hospice has vets ceremonies several times a month and they always need red, white and blue lap afghans.

Another gal is selling her Vintage Village, 13 buildings and extra stuff to go with them. If anyone wants it for a gift or their own display let me know. Shipping will be the fun part.

Now on to Friday. The Hospice Christmas party. There were several people in attendance. The food was super good and I got to meet several more volunteers from Lakeland along with Auburndale.
The group it's the only picture I could get with everyone in it.

I don't have names for everyone, but these are the employees of Hospice.



They had a game with three of the leaders were dressed up as Christmas trees. Five volunteers decorated them. It was fun to watch.

This is Mary, the volunteer supervisor.



Then they sang and had cute instruments.

















Our fun on the canal has been neat this week. We had a Spoonbill bird join the rest of the birds.
The other white bird is egret

Woodstork to the left, the pink one is Spoonbill, egret, Great White Egret and the one in the water is Ibis.  They all get along and are here daily. I didn't get a pictures, but the turtles and alligator were laying out at the other end of the canal.

Next week will be another busy one. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Eclipse - Storms - Volunteer Dinner - Taxes - Painted Patio

 Shalimar, FL  (Hi  78   Lo 54)   Monday and Tuesday were the same as normal with Wii bowling, cards, and GBM zoom, diamond art and meditati...