Friday, December 20, 2019

Golfcart Parade - Christmas Deliveries for Hospice

Auburndale, FL (Hi  74  Lo 62)

Sunday was the community golf cart parade. There were 16 golf carts this year and quite a few were very elaborate. (Click on the photos to enlarge).

This was the winner.  It was gorgeous at night when you could see the lights, but the pictures didn't turn out well.















The great Dane was all dressed up.



After the parade we had a Yankee swap. It was a great time and a great social event. The weather was perfect. 



I got the wine goblet from the swap.

 Tuesday morning I had my massage and chiropractor appointment, the last one for the year. My last dentist appointment was Tuesday putting on the crown on the tooth that I've had problems with since August. Tuesday night was the wine group Christmas party. We had lots of food and great time with a game gift swap.

Very good food.

Wednesday was the morning meeting, as they call it donuts and coffee. Then I played hand and foot. Wednesday night we went to the clubhouse to see Christmas vacation, a classic. There weren't many there but it was a good time.

Thursday I had some computer training for some files to be scanned in Hospice. They're trying to go paperless so there's more to learn from those that's been there awhile. I start teaching in a couple weeks. Thursday night I played cards.

Friday Jim and I delivered Christmas gifts from Hospice to a family in Dundee. We didn't get to meet the family they were at the hospital with their little three year old girl. Breaks your heart for this time of year to have anyone in the hospital. We had a hard time finding the place but we had the wrong address. While we were out we got lunch at Culvers then home. I bought a Christmas village set so picked that up in the evening.

Our resident alligator was outside our window for a whole day. He didn't move anything but his head. We're glad he's still around, no little critters with him around close.

Saturday morning we have THREE alligators. A tiny one and a couple teenagers. I love it!


No comments:

Easy Going Week - Birthday Party - Tornado Outbreak

 Sharlimar, FL   (Hi 78 Lo 66) It was a normal quieter week than last week. The normal schedule was Wii bowling Monday and Wednesday morning...