Friday, June 7, 2019

Health - Birthday

Auburndale, FL  (Hi 90  Lo  75)                CHAT ROOM 8:30 - 11:30pm

It's been too hot to get out to do much, so most of the time was spent crocheting or playing computer games. I did get my labs done on Monday and got the results on Thursday. I knew it wouldn't be good. I'm tired of being hungry most of the time and watching everything I eat, so I decided for the last three months to eat what I want, when, and how much. It proved that's not a good thing to do. The cholesterol and the A1C were a bit higher, but not nearly as much as I thought it would be for a three month reading. Maybe there's a medium of what, when and how much I can eat  that I can do as a  compromise in the future. 

I volunteered at Hospice Monday and Friday. I'm learning a lot from the CNA that works there and is on desk duty from an injury. She's been with them 14 years and so much to tell me. I'm so glad I'm there.

The biggest day was Friday, my 71st birthday and 16 years of getting lobster. We go to BostonFest in Kissimmee for all the seafood and lobsters you can eat.



















This year it was a bit different. I usually get a full lobster, but now you have to ask for the claws. I had a couple cups of soup, lobster bisque and clam chowder as a side.  I had several crab legs and 5 lobsters. I had 3 males and 2 females. It takes longer to clean out a female with all the eggs.  I took a pic for each one with my finger telling what number it was.  What a great night.

Jim got me a gun, an electric wine opener. It's great!

It's been a quiet week. I always take a personal check on my birthday. A self examination of what I need to do or learn,  and I'm really wanting to get back to meditation. I'm working on an youtube meditation to work with for a few minutes a day.

It's been a great week. Here's to another year!





No comments:

St. Patrick's Day - Council Meeting - Concert

 Shalimar, FL   (Hi  63  Lo 47)    I'VE BEEN ASKED THAT THE FONT IT TOO SMALL. JUST DO A CONTROL +  AND IT WILL ENLARGE. CONTROL   -(min...