Saturday, December 15, 2018

HOA Elections - Residential Directory - Storms

Auburndale, FL  (Hi 80  Lo 65)

This is the busy time of year for everyone. I'm wrapping gifts and getting ready for the our oldest son and family coming in for Christmas. Luckily, we don't fight the store traffic everything is ordered, saves the headaches.

We took a couple days recouping from the walking at Busch Gardens on Monday. Tuesday I paced the floor and nervous about the HOA elections. I've been on the HOA (home owners Association) for a year taking over for a guy that moved, but I wasn't sure if I'd be voted in for the next two years. I got the call that I didn't get it later in the day.  I'm disappointed but it's not the end of the world. There's other things I'll think about doing to pass time.  It does give me two nights out of the month at home. I enjoyed the time on the board.

I took the job of the residential directory which is good for passing time. It was 2016 that a directory was done last time,  so we're setting up times and days for photographs.  We're getting a good response and hopefully it will help the new people coming into the community like it did for us. It's great to have a face to the name. Instead of calling out "hey you", we'll have a name.
 The pool had steam this week. It was pretty in the morning sun. (Click on the pictures to enlarge).

I also remembered to take pictures of inside the clubhouse with all the decorations.

Mailboxes have been setup for Christmas cards to the whole community and anyone that wants to deliver them  (walkers) can put them in a basket or container at each house. It's a great way to find out where people live and some of the houses leave treats.

I noticed we have little birds near the canal. I just happened to see the mom and her 3 little ones.

We're getting severe storms for this time of year, and it's bringing in some cooler air. It only lasts a couple days then it's back to mid 70's or higher then  we get another storm to bring the temps back down.  There was a tornado near the west coast on the gulf side last week.  We were in severe weather last night, but it went more north.  We'll see what's in store for next week.

No comments:

Easy Going Week - Birthday Party - Tornado Outbreak

 Sharlimar, FL   (Hi 78 Lo 66) It was a normal quieter week than last week. The normal schedule was Wii bowling Monday and Wednesday morning...