Friday, April 8, 2016

Painting Rooms - Stuff to Donation - Knee Update

(Auburndale, FL) Hi 80 Lo 66 --  The house has been power washed, the green mold is gone. The weeds have been pulled from the flowers and it's looking nice outside. We also have the name and number on the mailbox. (Click on pictures to enlarge).

The first thing we had to get done was painting the walls. This place was built in 1987 and the walls have flowers. Both bathrooms, bedroom and the kitchen. A couple in the park paint interior rooms as an extra income and they did a wonderful job.



The last patch before getting painted.

And the final look with it all painted.

Salvation Army came to get all the stuff we took out. It was deja vu with our place we emptied in NC when we went fulltime.

This place is big. What used to take 20 minutes to clean the whole RV it's taking and hour and half to clean the house. That's only dusting and running the sweeper. We've had problems hearing the knocks on the door so I ordered a wireless doorbell.  It's working great. Sometimes it's the little things in life that make a big difference.

We've been going to the Wednesday morning meetings at the clubhouse to meet people, but more and more are leaving. There's several things going on in the park all summer for those of us that are "rounders" (those of us who live here year round).

Jim went to his first Tampa Bay Rays baseball game this week. We're normally not in Florida this time of year so he hasn't been able to see the games in our area. That makes another of his baseball parks crossed off the list.

Today we had a wonderful lunch at Eats America in Tampa with fulltime RV'ers, Karen and Al, and John and Carol. They're both in the area so we planned a get together before they headed out for the summer. Thanks for meeting up, we'll do it again soon.

John, Carol, Karen and Al

We went to MacDill AFB to stock up on groceries at the commissary. I used a store scooter, and I'm glad I did. We were there almost two hours. We headed home right around 5pm, so the rush hour traffic on I-4 made the trip longer than the normal one hour.

I'll mention the knee replacement, it's been 11 weeks since my surgery. It seems like years! It still hurts quite a bit when standing up after sitting for a while, and visa versa. It still swells if I'm on it for more then 30 minutes. I still do exercises, which helps with the pain, but it does swell and ice is my buddy. There's been people tell me that six months is the turning point for noticing a difference, I can't wait. I know the move didn't help any, but I'll be taking it easy for a while.

See you next Friday.


Laurel Owen said...

Your new place is looking very nice! So good to make it your own. Glad to hear the knee is getting better :)

JO said...

Paint sure makes a big difference. I have lived in a few Mobile Homes and if they didn't have ugly wall paper is was all paneling. I painted every one.
Yes 6 months for the knee replacement and you should start to feel much less pain and swelling.

Gypsy said...

The first thing I did when I moved into my mobile home was to paint the paneling that was in every room, on the ceilings, etc. Your kitchen looks like you have a great amount of storage space. Be patient with the knee and try to not overdo - you're getting there.