Friday, April 1, 2016

Anniversary - Goodbye to RV - New Place

(Auburndale, FL)  Hi 87 Lo 73 --  We spent most of the day on Saturday cleaning the RV, defrosting the refrigerator and emptying the basement. I can't get up on the step stool, since my knee replacement, so Jim helped with the freezer. (Click the pictures to enlarge).



Then we closed it up.


Last view sitting in the Adelaide Shores RV Park. It's been a wonderful six winters here.


On the way back to Auburndale, we passed this truck. Very interesting.





Our 46th anniversary was on Monday the 28th. We were having a TV delivered Monday from 3-5, so we celebrated Sunday night instead of Monday. We decided to go to Olive Garden for dinner. We both love that place and they had a new dish I had to have with pasta and shrimp. Jim got a dinner you buy one and take another home (already frozen). What a deal. I'll order the same thing next time.
























We finally got all the boxes unpacked and empty tubs are stacked for the next time we need them in the utility room. The Fla room is packed for donation pick up on Monday.








That's just a small portion of items. The new 65" TV is setup in the living room.


The dining area is all done and so is the wet bar.


Our freezer is very small (a lot smaller then the RV) and the door doesn't open wide enough to get anything in or out, so we bought an upright freezer.














The closet had water and floor damage.

This  is Cleve working on the floor. He changed out the shower head which was still leaking as he was working on it, and he put in a new floor.


All done.


He also installed a taller toilet.


We took the RV to the Ridge Quality RV in Lake Wales to sell. It was my last time for this view.


Tumbleweed sitting in the dealer parking lot. We hope they sell it quickly.


It's an end to our fulltime lifestyle, but we'll continue going on trips with the car and staying in motels.

An early morning view out our front windows.


Something funny, I had to call Jim on the phone that someone was in the carport while I was in the bathroom. I couldn't yell loud enough for him to hear me. I'm glad the phone is with me at all times. This place is BIG compared to the RV. It's 35 steps from living room to back bathroom, that's good exercise, I'm doing over 1200 steps a day, just in the house. The original blog when we bought the house. Click here.

We'll continue with the blogs and updates on the house, so see you next Friday.





8 comments:

Gypsy said...

I haven't been reading many blogs for the past few months and was surprised to see that you finally are leaving the RV life. It happens to everyone though, and I have always been glad I don't have to deal with a 5th wheel. You sure can't beat the storage in an RV, although you do have much more room in a house. Enjoy you newest life style.

Karen and Al said...

Looking forward to seeing you next week and hearing more about your new home. There are some Facebook groups for Rv'ers where you can advertise your RV for sale. You might want to give it a try and see if you have any luck. At some point in the future we will be looking to put a permanent Rv on our lot in the Keys, but hopefully not for many years. Yours would have been perfect if the timing had been different.

Ken and Shirley said...

Congratulations on your new lifestyle! You've had quite a ride! Will still look forward to your blog!

Mark from Missouri said...

Dee, I want you guys to know how much I appreciate you detailing all your preparations before you went fulltime and of course your trip journals. I've learned so much by following your blog and all the answers you give to my questions whenever I'm in the RVDreams chat room. Awhile back I downloaded your spreadsheet and plan on using that among other references once we go fulltime in 2019.

Karen and I hope to get six years out of the lifestyle like you guys did. Good luck in your change back to the sticks and bricks.

Thanks again and I'm looking forward to your next blog post to let us know how you guys are doing.

Mark from Missouri

Bob and Jo said...

It was great following your full timing blog, congrats on the next phase of your life

Anonymous said...

Have you got the RV sold or the pickup sold??

Tumbleweed Dee said...

As of 6/13/16 the RV and truck has not sold. We expected that in Fla. We have to wait till the snowbirds come down. Email if you have questions.

Unknown said...

You guys are living out my dream. I have always wanted to travel the country in a RV. My boyfriend and I are outdoor enthusiasts to say the least. Children are a great joy but the stability needed makes long distance travel hard to plan. Sad to see you have to part with your RV though. I'd cherish the memories.

Liza Pilon @ Prairie City RV

St. Patrick's Day - Council Meeting - Concert

 Shalimar, FL   (Hi  63  Lo 47)    I'VE BEEN ASKED THAT THE FONT IT TOO SMALL. JUST DO A CONTROL +  AND IT WILL ENLARGE. CONTROL   -(min...