Saturday, November 24, 2012

Staying Busy

(Avon Park, FL) Hi 73 Lo 49 -- It's cool at night but we've only used the heat pump once so far. It's supposed to be cool all week. But we'll take it, compared to the temps north of us.

I went walking with Kathleen after coffee and reading emails. Later on I went to Walmart (surprisingly it wasn't very crowded) to pick up a prescription and some more thread for my vest project. But neither happened. They didn't have my prescription, even though my doctor in NC called it in on Wednesday. And there was no thread left. I guess the black Friday crowd bought it all up. I'll try Micheals next week.  I'll go as far as I can on the vest, then I'll have to get the thread to finish it.

I worked on the vest and watched some recorded shows in the afternoon. Jim went for his walk, then sat outside listening to his iPod. We're both determined to get healthier and lose a few pounds.

Jim grilled a steak and some brats for dinner, then we went over to the clubhouse for cards. It's not a scheduled cards night, but last night our little group decided we wanted to play again tonight. We love the laughing when we get together.

1 comment:

Gypsy said...

I miss the family pharmacies in the east that has most of the drugs on hand. Here in CA they have to order all but the most common meds and you come back a day or two later.

Easy Going Week - Birthday Party - Tornado Outbreak

 Sharlimar, FL   (Hi 78 Lo 66) It was a normal quieter week than last week. The normal schedule was Wii bowling Monday and Wednesday morning...