Saturday, May 7, 2011

Family Time for Mother's Day

(St. Louis, MO) Hi  78  Lo 58 --  A quick storm passed through about 3am but by morning it was bright and sunny and 59 degrees.  My sister says mom and I brought good weather with us.  That seems to be the case so far in ALL our travels.  I hope it continues.

Doris has a beautiful (and big) Great Dane. Here our son Rick and Zoey are having a discussion of some kind.

We got up early to get a big breakfast baked before the boys got here. 

Our morning started off with a bang when both of our boys drove up at the same time.  What a great suprise for my mom.  Rick, our younger son, and his wife Laura arrived yesterday but mom didn't know our older son Frank was coming.  We had 11 today for breakfast and lunch, and what a great time!  The grandkids played in the woods and went fishing with my brother-in-law Herm.  They caught several fish.  They know a little about fishing because we took them last summer when we were at the Scott AFB famcamp.  

Joey learning how to hold a fish by his mouth.


Son Frank, mom Dee, Grandmom Vena, my sister Doris, and son Rick


Rick is a very good amateur photographer and he took a ton of pictures today.  I'll post some of them when I get home.  I'm using my sister's PC, which is very slow in uploading pictures.

The boys left for home around mid-afternoon.  It sure was sad to see them go.  I won't see them again now until August or September.  We're really enjoying our time here.  Mom is tired tonight but doing quite well with all the excitement.

I took a few pictures from our plane of the flooded areas around St. Louis.  They're not the best quality, but I thought you'd find them interesting.  (Click on photos to enlarge.)





I sure do feel sorry for all those affected by these devastating floods.

That's it for another busy day.  Tomorrow should be a slower, more relaxing day.

2 comments:

Mike and Terri said...

Glad you're enjoying time with your family. Happy Mother's Day!

squawmama said...

Glad your family reunion was a GREAT success... Very nice photos!

I just noticed in your header picture the gazebo in Battery Park. That is where my SIL proposed to my daughter while they were stationed there! Brought back memories seeing that!

Have fun & Travel Safe
Donna

Easy Going Week - Birthday Party - Tornado Outbreak

 Sharlimar, FL   (Hi 78 Lo 66) It was a normal quieter week than last week. The normal schedule was Wii bowling Monday and Wednesday morning...