Friday, October 15, 2010

Movie Day with Mom

(Garner, NC) -  ************REMINDER*********  If anyone wants a quick reminder of where we are or where we're going it's on the right side of this page.  For those viewing this on your phone, just scroll to the right.  I'll keep it updated as we decide on where we're going.

We had a very busy day today.  We're winding down our time here with my mom and friends in the area. It's always good to be "back home."  We know where things are when we need them.  We picked mom up for lunch then to see the movie "Secretariat."


It was a wonderful movie!  It amazes me how they can make a movie seem so suspenseful and exciting even though you know how the story turns out.  I highly recommend it for the whole family.  And if you go to see it, bring a hankie.  :)

After the movie we went to Walmart.  We didn't have anything in mind to get, but of course we didn't come out empty handed.  We went back to mom's apartment and, as I sat with mom teaching her how to send and receive text messages on her cell phone, Jim took my car to get it washed.

We then went to our Friday night dinner with our group of friends.  It was bittersweet as we had to say good bye to everyone.  We won't see them again for six months.

We have two more days then we're headed to see Jim's family in Morehead City, NC.  Tomorrow we plan to meet some new full time RV'ers.  More about that in tomorrow's blog.

2 comments:

Margie M. said...

Like you did today, we never seem to get out of Wal-Mart without purchasing a few things. :)

Have a nice weekend.

David Sussman said...

Dee, First I wanted to let you know Im caught up reading your blog.Also, I mapped it you are only 3 hours from my Sister's house in Loxahatchee.Glad you liked the movie.I'd like to see it.

Electronics Assistants - Birthday Party - Sing-a-long

  Shalimar, FL    (Hi   80  Lo  65) Sunday was so much fun and a learning experience. About 15 school kids came in to help residents with ce...