Saturday, August 28, 2010

Visit From a School Friend - Sorting Pictures

(Goshen, IN) -  I got up real late.  It feels good because I know I CAN.  I didn't realize what day it was and just went ahead and got my normal breakfast of cereal.  About 10 minutes later, Jim says "Aren't we having a big breakfast?"  I asked why?  "Because it's Saturday, we always have a big breakfast on the weekend."  Uh oh, guess I better pay more attention to what day it is.  We both had a good laugh.

Most of the morning I read a book about how the Escapees RV Club started.  It's really interesting on how far they've come since 1978.  If anyone wants to know more about the club, the website is www.escapees.com .  The rally we're attending Sept 12-17 is their 50th Escapade, and over 800 rigs are expected to be there.  I am really excited about meeting a lot of the members and going to the seminars to learn more about full timing.

This afternoon Mike, a friend from my school years, and his wife Carol came up from Warsaw to see the RV and learn about our life on the road. He's been following our blog for a couple of years.  We had a wonderful time discussing our lives, what's changed in Warsaw and where a lot more of our school friends are located.  Mike and I graduated together then lost track of each other.  We found each other on facebook through another friend.  Thanks Mike and Carol for coming up, it was really great. 


My sister sent a picture today that says it all.  Not sure about the story behind it, but I've always wanted a skeleton.  This one seems to be going somewhere in the car and waited too long in the construction lanes.  Thank Sis for posting on Facebook.
It's warming up a bit again, so we didn't do much this afternoon.  Jim did some outdoor stuff around the rig and I sorted out over 200 pictures and organized them on the pc.  Then went back to reading the Escapees book.  Jim got out the grill and we had a grilled chicken dinner, then a quiet evening.

2 comments:

Chuck and Anneke's RV travels said...

I keep a calendar on my computer desktop so I know what day of the week it is. I love to have to do that!

Kathy said...

Glad you have enjoyed reconnecting with friends. You and your sister look so much alike! I just can't figure out why you want a skeleton...maybe for a prank? :)K

St. Patrick's Day - Council Meeting - Concert

 Shalimar, FL   (Hi  63  Lo 47)    I'VE BEEN ASKED THAT THE FONT IT TOO SMALL. JUST DO A CONTROL +  AND IT WILL ENLARGE. CONTROL   -(min...