Tuesday, September 22, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DORIS & JIM


HAPPY BIRTHDAY
JIM
and
DORIS

My sister is two years younger then my hubby both born today. I'm not sure what time, never asked actually. I hope you both had a wonderful day!

I went to work and read blogs, played computer games chatted with Jake and got caught up on Farmtown in Facebook. I love days like that. It was raining off and on all day but by the time I got out of work it was partly sunny. I went home and found a note on the door from UPS. I went to the office to pick up the box and it hadn't arrived. The UPS man had just left it and was making his way through the complex to drop it off at the office. It's great to know the boxes from companies will be safe.

I went to a craft store to pick up some bead supplies since I'm going back to beading in the next few months. I'll have something to do while I'm at the park sitting and NOT working.

I loaded up a box to take to my boss of things we aren't going to take with us and also put all the t-shirts and cloth stuff in another bag for the VNV (Vietnam Vets). I'm getting it weeded out. It's going to take awhile. It's interesting how all the blogs say the same thing about downsizing for going fulltime. It's nerve wracking for sure.

I'm so glad we're doing it the way we are. Going from Condo to apartment was a terrific idea and we're loving it. We really do like this place even if something happens and it would be long term. It's nice, comfortable, and the office people are so friendly.

I took Jim out for his steak dinner. I get lobster on my birthday and he gets steak.

Days to quit work 73


3 comments:

Speedy said...

Hey don't get too attached to that place!!

A couple of newer paintings 2019 said...

Happy Birthday Jim! And Doris too!

FD5, Retired said...

Happy Birthday Jim and Doris!

Summer Agenda - Changes in Schedule - Council - Pour Painting

 Shalimar, FL  (Hi  83  Lo  64) This is the last week before the summer agenda. The bowling has ended till August and different summer activ...