Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Afternoon for Me

When we went out for dinner last night it was pouring, it rained most of the night but cleared up by midday. It was partly sunny the rest of the day.

Work went well. Mrs boss wasn't there most of the morning and Mr boss was in a half decent mood. I'm working 9-1 all week because both Mrs boss and I have appointments all week. At least I have the same amount of hours. I'm really anxious to quit, but too soon isn't good either.

At 1:30 I came home, got something to eat and went for a chiropractor appointment. It's been two years since I've had one and I'm all out of shape. I'm not sleeping and that's one of the reasons. You know how it goes, the back, the hip, the neck all gives you that tingly feeling with pinched nerves.

When I got back home, I went to the apartment gym. The picture is from the room.
They have everything. I did half hour on the bike for today then tomorrow I'll do some weights. I have to get in total shape for all those hikes I want to do. I have the walking sticks, the shoes, the hat, the backpack, but can't walk to the street without huffing and puffing. I'd like to lose at least 15 lbs before we get the 5er, now they can take their time building it. (NOT).

Speaking of building the 5er, we still haven't heard anything about a date that they'll start it, but we should by the end of the week. We also added a generator to be put in at the factory. We just may do some boondocking later. We're getting there.

Working days to quit work 52
That's more like it.

2 comments:

KarenInTheWoods said...

(ack! I accidently left this message for you on Gypsy's site! LOL)

Ohhh having a generator on board is just so darned convienent!

Glad you ordered one right off the bat. So many times you might want to stay at certain rustic campgrounds because of the view, activities, or location but no hookups can make it limiting for many folks.

We have also used ours to fire up the AC when traveling during the day and parking somewhere to make a lunch, take a nap or even help out someone in need.

On a very hot Friday, we helped a family with a travel trailer and their van tow vehicle was disabled along a country road. We offered the very overheated mom and three small children to come and wait in the cool comfort of our AC in our rig. We were able to help them repair their van to limp into the next town, avoiding a costly tow.

We ended up towing their trailer for them behind our MH, as they had been heading to the same campground we were!

Having a generator is a handy tool, just like an air compressor, tire jack or whatever.

Speedy said...

Great Dee...Sherri and I are going to do some hiking too. We have no money for some things but hiking we can afford.

Indian Flute Festival - Cinco de Mayo

 Shalimar, FL   (Hi   78   Lo  71) Sunday I went with Lois and Debbie to the Native American Musical Echoes Flute Festival. It was windy and...